WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Free Graphic Design Services

ToniM25ToniM25 subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2008 in New Member Welcome
I am happy to have joined the community.  I look forward to hopefully helping some of you out with some new designs for marketing your business.  Please visit my website at http://www.graphicdesigns4you.com and fill out a design request form explaining what you would like me to design for you. All my designs are free because I love to design.

Comments

• ToniM25ToniM25 subscriber Posts: 1
    Eric,
    Actually a little of both.  I am trying to get solid referrals if people like my designs I would hope they would refer a friend.  The ads are there but they are not a guarantee to make money I wish it were that simple.  I really do love to design and in the process if I can make a few bucks here and there I will be happy.  Thanks for your interest.

Toni
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    Didn`t this exact same thing happen late last year or early this year?
    Or am I psychic?Toni,I would be more inclined to pay you; then I can hold you accountable; getting something for free from you doesn`t sit well. Good luck, I think you are showing great confidence in yourself and I commend you. If you want to email me some examples of your work; I will be happy to send them on to my clients when they are wanting assistance.Rgds,RicRicWillmot3/26/2008 6:00 AM
  • ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    If you want to do some free work, I`ve always thought it was a good idea to select a nonprofit or volunteer group who may be in need of help. That`s actually how I did my first real design gig. I totally supported their mission, and I felt compelled to help them. The bonus is how great you feel when you really make a difference for their cause.
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    So, Toni, how have you gone with your business so far?
    Your activity points in the Forum are only three.Have you done any designs? If so, show us here what you have created.It may help generate interest for you.Rgds,Ric
  • vastaffingvastaffing subscriber Posts: 3
    I have to admit that I am willing to give a free trial to skeptics every now and then but full on free service no way...I know I am and surely my employees are worth more than that. 
  • psytranspsytrans subscriber Posts: 0
    ... "Free" actually sounds more risky than a price.

The term "Free" has always made me skeptical.  Free does not provide any sense of accountablity or ownership.
  • misterblubsmisterblubs subscriber Posts: 0
    If you want to go this "free" route, you might want to post an offer to the community that reads something like, "Looking for one client, preferably in the ______ industry, to produce an outstanding _______ design for, at no charge. This is a limited offer... Details of the offer are: ..., etc."
    But before that, I`m baffled how this business model works. Your website sports a long list of free design projects. Even if you had a stable of designers to handle any amount of simultaneous projects, and that somehow(!) attracted enough advertising to cover your costs, the fundamental problem remains:
    Who is going to trust you with a serious project (where are your credentials?), and will you be satisfied (and put food on the table) with the type of clients trawling for free design?
    Seeing as your site (and your business?) is predicated on FREE design, I`d suppose my points are moot.
  • SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Welcome to SuN! It`s great to have you here in the community. We are glad to know the you offer free service, keep it up. Wishing you all the success in your business.