WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Flyers - Best time of the week to give them out?

tertiustertius subscriber Posts: 7
edited May 2007 in Marketing
I`m going to use some young guys to give out some flyers for my business at around 4h-6h30 pm one day of the week on roads coming into our town of about 100k people.Which day of the week would be best?Mondays?  First day of the week.Fridays? Don`t want to think about work etc.Has anyone done any kind of research on this?Thanks

Comments

• MerchantServicesMerchantServices subscriber Posts: 4
    Monday would be best. It gives people the rest of the week to call you.
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14

tertius
    ... Great Question! I am very anxious to hear the Marketing Gurus chime in on this.
  • tertiustertius subscriber Posts: 7
    Business, sales.  But I come to you, (and charge the same as others) to discuss your options, whereas you`d have to go to a store to buy.I know my products, I install them for you, and make you familiar with the bits that might be hard to understand etc.Whereas "shop, ship and install" is pretty hard for the average person.So It`s for sales.It`s going to be around rush hour, when I can get the most flyers out, otherwise I`m going to get wives and delivery people (Am I wrong?).Thanks for the help so far
  • EmilyPEmilyP subscriber Posts: 0
    I would have to agree with Nikole. I think Tuesdays would be good, or perhaps Wednesdays - I read a study somewhere suggesting that Wednesdays were the most productive day of the week. I think people will be too busy on Mondays trying to catch up from their weekends and getting their coming week organized to try and introduce anything else into their schedule. The same argument may be true for Wednesdays as well... 
  • tertiustertius subscriber Posts: 7
    100k people.  100,000 Thanks for all the advice.  Some good theories flying around!
  • ethnicommethnicomm subscriber Posts: 1
    I would hand them out on a Wednesday as you are not competing with the stress of work or the eagerness of the approaching weekend. Research shows that Tuesday is the worst day of the week to receive flyers and Wed-Fri is equally fine. However, this is for in-home flyers not for hand-outs.If you`re planning on distributing a significant # of flyers, you should test your offer. Try different messages and see which one was the most effective. You can continually tweak this over time to get the most effective message for your offering and target customer. 
  • ethnicommethnicomm subscriber Posts: 1
    "Research shows that Tuesday is the worst day of the week to receive flyers and Wed-Fri is equally fine."Is there any time of primary research that you can reference for us all to read?
    Here is the reference from Kubas Consultants
  • tankeytankey subscriber Posts: 11
    I agree with nGenuity.  There are many factors involved here, and each place is different.  I kept some general notes in regards to when I handed out flyers, just as suggested by eMyth.  My flyers did not sell anything, but asked people to take a survey.  It seemed that my greatest number of responses came from when I handed out the flyers on a  Sunday afternoon.  Let me ad, the number of responses I got was quite small, but more came in from that Sunday afternoon.  I guess for the people in my area, they are kind of relaxing a bit, before the work week starts, and then they get a flyer.  Oh, let me ad, all the people who responded got entered into a drawing for a modest prize.  So that helped.
  • ridofastuffynoseridofastuffynose subscriber Posts: 0
    Monday would be best. It gives people the rest of the week to call you.