WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Greeetings from NRW!

tinnekatinneka subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in New Member Welcome

Dear Fellow SUNers,

I can`t even remember exactly how I discovered this site, but I immediately jumped in and began responding to some of the insightful posts.

My name is Trina Roach and in my current incarnation I am a coach, trainer and HR development consultant. After leaving university in the early 80`s I actually began working in management training and development while my kids were small. I later got a job at a small, specialized marketing company before taking a position as a marketing consultant at the German headquarters of one of the world`s leading advertising networks in the early 90`s. Because of my training background and my strong interest in personal development, I was appointed Head of HR Development at that same agency in the late 90`s.

Although I grew up in Pennsylvania, I have lived and worked in Europe (mainly Germany) since the mid-70`s.

I was attracted to this site and the people on it, because it represents a great win-win situation for me. Although my marketing/advertising background makes me a strong, no-nonsense sparring partner for other people - like the cobbler`s kids who wears shoddy shoes - I realize I sometimes need an external sounding board (and sometimes: `tough love`) where the business side of my consultancy is concerned.

I`m looking forward to being a part of the dialogue here, willing and eager to both profit from and contribute to the wealth of knowledge and creativity on this board!

Trina Roach

P.S. NRW is the abbreviation for the German state of North-Rhine Westphalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen), in case you were wondering.

Comments

• besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    Very nice Trina. It`s great to hear how you have grown and developed into your own. How is your business thriving in Europe? We are facing many challenges as we are in a recession. Thankfully, we are thriving as we are quite a resourceful and resilient bunch.
    Hope to see more of you around the SuN. I thoroughly enjoy it here.
  • tinnekatinneka subscriber Posts: 1

Thanks, besthealth.

My business is growing, but I know I/it could be doing a lot better. I have to still find the right balance between doing client work/study and marketing my business. Some aspects of it I enjoy quite a lot (I enjoy blogging, for example), but I am not so keen on cold calls. If anything, I don`t think they really work in this kind of business.

That`s why one of my prime priorities is identifying a more effective and "hi tec/hi touch" way to market my services.

Looking forward to seeing you in other discussions!

Trina
  • SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Trina and welcome to SuN forums! It`s great to hear your story and I`ve learn a lot.. Glad to have you here and wishing you good luck in your business.
    Thanks for the hearty welcome, SiteFlipAcademy!
    Thanks Kathy and Craig. I`m glad I cleared up the mystery around NRW for you, Craig!