WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I am planning to hire a person to manage my Manager Managed LLC

info2bashainfo2basha subscriber Posts: 3
edited July 2008 in New Member Welcome
Hi,

I am planning to Hire a person to manage my Manager-Managed-LLC. He will be the only person to manage my LLC. So can i hire the person as an Independent Contractor or do I need to hire him as an Employee.

If some body provide me the solution for this questions it would be helpful.

Regards,
Kareem

Comments

• SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Kareem and welcome to SuN!
    We are glad to have you here in the forum. Hope you`ll find someone who will fit in your given position. Wishing you good luck in your ventures.
  • info2bashainfo2basha subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    So can i hire the Manager as an Independent Contractor ?
    He will be the only person in my LLC who is going to manage my LLC.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Kareem
  • KevDevKevDev subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Kareem:
    I`m not sure I understand exactly what you mean - the term "manager" has a specific meaning in regard to LLCs, similar to "member" but usually with more responsibilities.
    However, I think what you mean is, can you hire an independent contractor to oversee the day to day affairs of your business. Am I right? If so, I see no reason why not.
    However, one of the typical duties of such a person is to tell the other workers what to do. This might be a lot more difficult if the workers know that person is not also an employee.
    Good luck!
    Hi KevDev,
    Thanks for the information.
    I am on workpermit in US and I have registered my LLC company. I am the only owner of my company. As I am on workpermit I can not work for my LLC, so I need to hire a person who will be taking care of the day to day activities of my LLC.
    As my LLC is just going to start, I am planning to hire a Manager to take care of day to day activities. Initially I am planning to hire the Manager as a Contractor, because there will be lot of expences for the company if I hire the Manager as an Employee.
    As per your information I guess I can hire the Manager as an Independent Contractor.
    Could you please advise.
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    Kareem
    Hi Principe,
    Thanks for the valuable information.