WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Has anyone used UglySEO

kjohrikjohri subscriber Posts: 10
http://www.uglyseo.com/campaigns.php
Has anyone used the services of this site? What do you think of their charges - especially with the 1way links and the 400 word article?
I am still learning the SEO process - so are they going post/link my website url on other sites - or how does it work?
Thanks,
KJ

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    PERSONALLY - I think that SEO services are a complete waste of money.  But, if you are not comfortable with getting into the HTML code of your website to optimize the keywords, key phrases and page titles, then maybe you do need some professional help.  But look for a good web designer with SEO experience.Lots of links can be counter-productive.  To be good links for SEO results, the links into your site (and from your site) have to be relevant to the site itself.  I am a photographer/videographer, and one good link from another videography or photo site is easily worth more than a hundred trash links.Again, since I know enough HTML to go into the web page code, I do my own SEO.  So, my opinion may not reflect reality.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

I`d be kind of leery. "Permanent" means nothing as far as websites; they can pop up one day and be gone the next. And, what sites do they link back to you? How do they guarantee these links; do they own the sites themselves? have agreement with the site owners?
    If I`m reading their info correctly, they don`t target their efforts for you to your target audience. So, if they write an article for someone about home furnishings, the actual viewers could be anyone other than those interested in home furnishings. Same as the inbound links; who will end up seeing them? Again, that`s just the message I get by reading their website information. Non-targeted promotions don`t do you any good.
    I`d say you need to get in writing from them exactly who the end audience will be, how they back up their guarantees, and fully explain to you everything you don`t understand. Then .... come back here and ask us again

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Request a list of satisfied clients from the company. If they can`t provide such a list walk away. Also, check them out with their state`s Attorney General`s office.

Dale King
  • kjohrikjohri subscriber Posts: 10

Request a list of satisfied clients from the company. If they can`t provide such a list walk away. Also, check them out with their state`s Attorney General`s office. Dale King

Hi Dale,
    Whats the reason for checking with AG office?
    Thanks Craig. Point noted.
    PERSONALLY - I think that SEO services are a complete waste of money.  But, if you are not comfortable with getting into the HTML code of your website to optimize the keywords, key phrases and page titles, then maybe you do need some professional help.  But look for a good web designer with SEO experience.
    Lots of links can be counter-productive.  To be good links for SEO results, the links into your site (and from your site) have to be relevant to the site itself.  I am a photographer/videographer, and one good link from another videography or photo site is easily worth more than a hundred trash links.
    Again, since I know enough HTML to go into the web page code, I do my own SEO.  So, my opinion may not reflect reality.

Hi Steve,
    Are there any good resources where I can learn basic html - esp. for inserting links, tags etc for SEO purposes.
    I have not got developed a site yet but once its up and running, how do I change the code for things like this? Will the developer will give me the source code or will I have an admin login where  I can see the source code and  modify it, if need be. Just curious..
    Thnaks,
    KJ
    Thanks for your input M Hall.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
      Hi Dale,
    Whats the reason for checking with AG office?

To find out if the company is in good standing with the state. Do they have any complaints or open cases pending against them. You need to know this kind of information, before you give anyone your money.

Dale King
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member

Hi Steve,
    Are there any good resources where I can learn basic html - esp. for inserting links, tags etc for SEO purposes.
    I have not got developed a site yet but once its up and running, how do I change the code for things like this? Will the developer will give me the source code or will I have an admin login where  I can see the source code and  modify it, if need be. Just curious..
    Thnaks,
    KJAll that you will need to do is insert appropriate meta tags (keywords and key phrases) into the header of the home page.  Any book on HTML will have a few paragraphs on that, or you can go to www.w3c.org and look for "SEO" or "META" and see what you find online for free.  Depending on how the site is developed, the software probably has a means for inserting these tags during development.  You absolutely MUST own your website and domain name.  If I do a "whois" on your domain name, I would expect to see your name and address in the administrative contact.  That is the owner of record.  You own the code, if your web developer says that they own it, find another developer.  You should get FTP instructions from your website host, and you or any developer whom you provide the password for FTP access can download the HTML code, make changes then upload it again.
  • 1dayu21dayu2 subscriber Posts: 0
    Everyone is looking for a easy buck....it sucks when you are trying to become successful.

Thanks

1day
    1dayu27/22/2008 10:17 PM
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    As a representative at a web based advertising and site organization, I've seen what's coming to me of terrible sites and revolting SEO. These are missteps that ought to be maintained a strategic distance from no matter what, as they could influence your site's rankings and activity. Some may even make you be punished by the web search tools, consequently bringing on your rankings to drop altogether.

1.Using the wrong catchphrases

2.Stuffing your site with catchphrases

3.Duplicate and duplicated content