WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Are You Doing What You Love?

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited June 2008 in Marketing
For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be independent and own my own business. When I graduated from high school and went to college I majored in Business Administration. My first real job was a sales job selling Rainbow vacuum cleaners. Marketing and sales are in my blood. They are my love. They are my passion. Today, I own a successful internet marketing website.

What about you? Are you doing what you love? Are you doing what you`re passionate about?  If you aren`t, why not?

Dale King
DaleKing6/26/2008 11:33 AM

Comments

• besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    I am definitely doing what I love - it`s much better even as I work through the challenges because I know that the successful outcomes are so worth it...........
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Dale,
    A topic near and dear to my heart! I`ll use this thread to give a nod to Dan Miller, who convinced me that I could make a living doing something that I absolutely love. Dan`s flagship book is called "48 Days to the Work You Love," and his latest one is "No More Mondays." Good stuff, including a weekly podcast and a blog.    Brian, I agree with you about Dan Miller. Good stuff. So good in fact, I`ve added him to my select stable of gurus at GuruKnowledge.org. Dale KingDaleKing6/27/2008 8:25 AM
  • DCCSCSDCCSCS subscriber Posts: 6
    Dan Miller seems to really have his act together.  That`s great stuff.  As for me, I love being the business and the clients and the patients, what I could do without is the emotional highs and lows that come with a new startup.  That`s all part of the adventure I suppose, and the lows make the highs even better!
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    I love being the business and the clients and the patients, what I could do without is the emotional highs and lows that come with a new startup.  That`s all part of the adventure I suppose, and the lows make the highs even better!

Exactly. A little rain makes you appreciate the sunshine even more!

Dale King
    DaleKing6/27/2008 9:05 AM