WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing Footprints: What Is It?

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited February 2008 in Marketing
You`re no doubt familiar with that online  urban legend that claims getting more traffic to your website is the key to making more sales. However, this is only true if you make optimum use of that traffic. In this regard, you might want to read my latest article titled, "Footprints" Marketing: What Is It?

http://xrl.us/bf3rx

As always, I welcome your comments and/or feedback.

Dale King
DKing2/13/2008 7:52 AM

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Interesting article, and definitely points up the whole concept of the "customer journey!" That`s something so few Web sites seem to keep in mind.

That`s exactly why I wrote this article. So many marketers are focused on getting more traffic, and making more sales, instead of  focusing on the goldmine that`s right  in front of them - the traffic they already have. The point I was trying to make in my article is, your visitors will tell you what they want. All you have to do is follow their "footprints." And if they`re leaving your site after only a few seconds, they`re obviously not finding what they`re looking for. That means you have more work to do.

Bottom line: Give your visitors what they want, and they`ll reward you with return visits, referrals and sales!

Dale King
    DKing2/14/2008 7:30 AM
    Thanks for sharing the article. I totally agree. If you give the customer what they want they will come back.

Thank you, Kathy. It`s good to hear from you again. It`s been awhile.

Dale King
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    I would appreciate some wise counsel on my blog which I started on January 18th this year.
    Rgds,Ric
    I would appreciate some wise counsel on my blog which I started on January 18th this year.

Ric, you`ve left messages like this on a couple of my other posts. If you need help with your blog, you know how to get hold of me. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you would stop leaving me these off-topic messages.

Dale King
    DKing2/17/2008 5:38 PM
    Thanks, Dale. It has been awhile but things have been really busy the last few months which is a good thing.

Yes, being busy is always a good thing.

Dale King