WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I made changes / need site feedback / good product- no buyers

mountain717mountain717 subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
I make a one of a kind creation that I`ve never seen before on any of the other crafter websites. But I can`t seem to sell anything. I made changes to it that were suggested to me by a member. I worked the bugs out of my paypal buttons. I made business cards and handed them out to all my friends and relatives. I get people to look at my site, but no sells or even a feedback message. Also how do I get Mcafee Site advisor green check mark. I applied to them to check my site, I also logged into thier site and submitted a website owners critique.  Thanks........www.rusticcreationsbyrandy.com
mountain7171/31/2008 8:02 AM

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Randy, I have 3 important questions to ask you.

1. What are you doing to promote your site?

2. How many unique visitors are you receiving on a daily basis?

3. Where is that traffic coming from? 

Also, I  visited your website and the biggest problems I saw were the layout of your home page and your copy. There doesn`t seem to be any rhyme or reason to your layout - although I have seen worse. And that `hosted by Yahoo" logo in the top right-hand corner of your home page just doesn`t look very professional. Also, your copy is very weak. It`s not sales copy at all.. It doesn`t speak to the visitor, it`s all about you. Your copy needs to compel your visitors to buy. It currently doesn`t do that. I don`t know what kind of budget you have to work with, but you should definitely consider hiring a professional to help you.

Dale King
    DKing1/31/2008 9:39 AM
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Randy:

You might want to check into Wholesalecrafts.com. You can sell your work on this site, at wholesale, and you are then eligible to exhibit at a craft show in Las Vegas. I would definitely start with the website and move on from there.

One thing I noticed on your website at the bottom you have.."about us" and it reads aboutus, no space.

Good Luck!

Colleen

• railroadguyrailroadguy subscriber Posts: 0
    Everyone has made valid points but... I can`t order more then one item. I get taken to the PayPal page and can`t go back and put something else in my cart without loosing my first item. Think about getting a real cart which will allow you to showcase your products and look more professional as well as allow people to order different items without doing it one at a time.
    We use perlshop, x-cart and osCommerce for our clients, fairly easy to install and run.
    I also have a pet peeve about not using your domain in your Email. How can you promote RusticCreationsByRandy by using a comcast Email account?