WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What is the best SEO program to use on my new site?

edarrnelledarrnell subscriber Posts: 2
To whom it may concern,

I have been working on a website for about a year now and have signed up with various companies to offer there products (books, Software, Ebooks, etc.).  I have most of these products in my library and on my external hard drive.  I guess my purpose was to share my experiences with these products and services to like minded people.
Back to my question.  What is a good SEO program to incorporate into my self-improvment website?

Edarrnell

www.erickdarrnell.com

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

What is a good SEO program to incorporate into my self-improvment website? Edarrnellwww.erickdarrnell.com     Call me skeptical,  but I personally think SEO software is a load of bull, and would never buy it. In my opinion, nothing beats organic SEO. That being said, Brad Callen`s SEO Elite http://seoelite.com is reputed to be the best. However, please don`t view this as an endorsement of the product,  because it`s not. Dale KingDKing1/31/2008 8:24 AM
  • advernationadvernation subscriber Posts: 3
    All seo programs at least the majority can be done organically, may take more time but you can hire people to do it, do it yourself and enjoy the fruit of your labor

Chris Maddaloni is an Internet Marketing Consultant for http://www.advernation.com a New York City based Internet Marketing Company serving businesses in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, The Bronx, Long Island and Westchester. He has helped websites with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) getting them exposure on the first page of top search engines using organic methods. He has a blog at http://www.advernation.wordpress.com and http://www.advernation.blogspot.com
  • cashpriorcashprior subscriber Posts: 0
    I think hes asking for a "program"=software. I believe that webceo is the most complete package, but you first need to understand how seo works. the seo software is to help you track your success.
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Craig..you make me laugh..
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    SEO programs are worthless.  Don`t waste your time with them.  That goes for the Firefox extensions as well.  I know Aaron Wall pimps one of them on his site and Google will ban you from being able to search their site if you use it.
  • williamwilliam subscriber Posts: 2
    Don`t use any software.  The concept of software SEO is worthless.  Follow the rules: fresh content, inbound linking ONLY from well respected sites, inner-link other pages within the site, no paid links, don`t bother with a stupid directory listing, don`t let someone offer you free unique content for you listing them in a directory listing, create a blog, and participate in the forums.William6/8/2008 2:01 AM
  • lockscharnclockscharnc subscriber Posts: 0
    I have used SEO Elite and Web CEO. But I think one has to use a substantial keyword research tool separately, I use: Wordtracker. Apart from the tools Brad Callen`s SEo Elite and Aaron Wall of Seo Book site have some great resource you shouldn`t miss.
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    The Best SEO Program to use on your site:
    1. Keyword Analysis Tools
    2. Rankings Tools
    3. Content effectiveness tools.
    4. Link Building Tools
    5. Link Removal Tools
    6. Technical SEO tools
  • vivekshuklavivekshukla subscriber Posts: 130 Silver Level Member
    Try social bookmarking best way to get backlinks, helpful in ranking website in SERP
  • deepak0203deepak0203 subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    There are quite a few and based on your comfort level you can choose any of these. Is your website built on word press? If your answer is yes, these 7 tools are not to be missed.

WordPress SEO by Yoast. ( I use this and swear by it)
    SEMrush
    Google Keyword Planner.
    Open Site Explorer.
    LinkPatrol.
    Rel NoFollow Checkbox.
    SEOquake.
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member

Seo is the process of optimizing the website to reach a better position in search engine. Seo focuses on rankings in organic search results. By Seo, business or a website can gain more popularity and visibility hence it improves the profits. Seo has two types.

1.BlackHat SEO

2.White Hat SEO

Black Hat Seo:

Black Hat Seo is the process to obtain high rankings for a website by exploits weaknesses in the search engine algorithms.

This type of a method of SEO does not follow the SEO guidelines of search engines. The wholesomeness level of Black Hat Seo is very low. Blackhat SEO has a high amount of risk and delivers the short lasting growth.

White Hat Seo:

White Hat Seo is used to improving your website ranking in search engine results without breaking search engine guidelines. By using White Hat Seo you can get gradual but lasting growth in google rankings. white hat SEO has less amount of risk and delivers the lasting and compounding value over time. Best Seo Companies recommends White hat Seo and tools to improve your rankings.

On page Seo:

On page Seo is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher and get traffic in search engines.

On-Page Search Engine Optimization key points.

1. Page Titles

2. Meta Descriptions

3. Meta Tags

4. URL Structure

5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)

6. Keyword Density

7. Image SEO

8. Internal Linking

Off-page optimization:

Off-page optimization is the process of improving the position of the website in search engine result page. By off page SEO, you can get organic search results which are important for the growth of your site google rankings.

Important Off-page Optimization activities:

1. Creating Quality Content

2. Social Bookmarking Sites

3. Blog Directory Submission

4. Forum Submission                 

5. Blog commenting

6. Classifieds

7. Article Submission

8. Profile creation