WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing is as Easy as ABC

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited January 2008 in Marketing
Everybody knows about The Big 3 of pay-per-click search engines...Google, Yahoo and MSN. But there`s another big time  player not quite as well known that delivers some pretty impressive results as well. ABC search has been around since 2001 and is based in Encino, CA.

http://www.abcsearch.com/

How big time is ABC? Well, it`s currently serving over 5 billion searches per month. That`s pretty big time. More importantly, ABC`s traffic converts. I recently referred three of my clients to ABC, and all three are extremely satisfied with the results they received.

In case you`re wondering, no, I don`t get anything out of referring you to ABC and the above link  isn`t an affiliate link. It`s just that whenever I find something that works for my clients, I like to pass it along.

By the way, have any of you ever heard of or tried ABC? What kind of results did you have?

Dale King

DKing1/8/2008 8:39 AM

Comments

• VictorydVictoryd subscriber Posts: 2
    hey DK, thanks! I might actually try that out soon. I`ve never used them before and Im interested in hearing about results from some of the other members.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

DK,  I have never heard of it. How come?
      Most people have never heard of ABC. That`s why I started this thread. It`s human nature to stick with the familiar. As a result, most marketers never bother to look beyond The Big 3 of Google, Yahoo and MSN. But there are other great pay-per-click search engines out there. You just have to be willing to put in the time and effort to find them. Quick story: Thirty years ago, GM, Ford and Chrysler were unquestionably the big 3 of automobile manufacturers. However, a small percentage of U.S.consumers started buying Toyota`s, even though most Americans had never heard of Toyota before. Now Toyota is one of the Big 3 automanufacturers in the world, supplanting Daimler Chrysler. The point is just because you`ve never heard of ABC doesn`t mean they`re not a quality company. Dale KingDKing1/8/2008 8:09 AM
    hey DK, thanks! I might actually try that out soon. I`ve never used them before and Im interested in hearing about results from some of the other members.

You`re quite welcome, Victory.

Dale King
    I am confused because you say "most people have never heard of ABC" but you also say they are big time and are doing billions in searches each month...

Okay, let me try this one more time. Doormat, do you know who`s the 

world`s largest manufacturer of computer peripherals and electronic components? No, it`s not Dell, HP or IBM. It`s a company most people have never heard of called Mitsumi Corporation, headquarted in Tokyo, Japan. They make CD-ROM drives, CD-RW drives, floppy disk drives, keyboards, mice and electronic components that include Bluetooth technology products. Last year they did  over $2 billion in sales. The point is even though you`ve probably never heard of them, they`re still a big time, multi-billion dollar corporation.

Am I getting through to you yet?

Dale King

DKing1/9/2008 6:56 PM

Dale, I get it....Is the cost lower than say Google?
     Overall, ABC`s keyword costs are significantly lower than Google`s - but so is the traffic. No one can compete with Google in delivering traffic - not even Yahoo. But because of lower overall keyword costs and competition, you can still make money with ABC and other similar search engines. That being said, the traffic is good enough. Dale KingDKing1/10/2008 10:39 AM
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Dale:

Thanks for this resource. I like your style; open, straight and to the point. Glad I started checking out Marketing. This is one great "Marketing Course."

Colleen

Dale: Thanks for this resource. I like your style; open, straight and to the point. Glad I started checking out Marketing. This is one great "Marketing Course." Colleen
       Thank you very much, Colleeen! I appreciate your kind words. And by the way, you`re quite welcome!  Dale KingDKing1/13/2008 1:44 PM
  • JulioFJulioF subscriber Posts: 0

... do you know who`s the world`s largest manufacturer of computer peripherals and electronic components? No, it`s not Dell, HP or IBM. It`s a company most people have never heard of called Mitsumi Corporation, headquarted in Tokyo, Japan. They make CD-ROM drives, CD-RW drives, floppy disk drives, keyboards, mice and electronic components that include Bluetooth technology products. Last year they did  over $2 billion in sales. The point is even though you`ve probably never heard of them, they`re still a big time, multi-billion dollar corporation.  Am I getting through to you yet? Dale King

Uh, no Dale. Not getting through to us. I know of Mitsumi, having been employed with Dell for years as a member of their senior management team in Japan. I retired from Dell in 2001.
    Mitsumi is or has been a component supplier to the likes of Dell, HP, IBM, Gateway, and other computer manufacturers. They are NOT in the same business as these companies, and for you to state that Mitsumi is the world`s largest manufacturer of computer peripherals and electronic components, as though they are bigger than Dell, IBM, and HP is ridiculous and misleading. Such misinformation has no place on SUN, and should be removed before it influences SUN members to waste their time and resources on ABC.

If anyone chooses to try them out, that`s totally up to each of us. But please don`t present analogies which are inherently misleading.

JulioF1/15/2008 1:05 PM