WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Do You Have A Sticky Website?

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited August 2007 in Marketing
A sticky website is a website that has the amazing abiluty to get visitors to return over and over and  over again. Sticky websites include but are not limited to forums, chatrooms, blogs, article directories, social networks and news and weather sites.
Do you have a sticky website? What is it about your site that compels visitors to return again and again?
Dale King

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Dale, I guess I`d have to pay to find out that answer from you!
    Brett, sarcasm aside, I`m going to tell you in public the exact same thing I told you in private, regarding that PM you sent me. I give plenty of free advice on this forum, and I`m happy to help out whenever I can. However, there are certain things that I WILL NOT do for free. I WILL NOT evaluate or review websites for free.
    As I told you in private, it would not be fair to my clients whom have paid me to perform website evaluations. It`s nothing personal. Get over it and move on!
    Dale KingDKing2007-8-30 8:9:22
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Get along Boys!
    Nikole, has it..content.

Erin
  • ZenJanZenJan subscriber Posts: 0
    So I`ve had many people tell me that my website is like a cyber-oasis--a place to go to get a bit of Zen calm and beauty amid the hubbub of the internet highway. Some have bookmarked certain pages (like the About My Fees page, with a photo of monks returning from almsgathering) to come back to for the serenity.

Let me know what you think!
    Jan Hodgman
    www.zenjan.com</A>

they come back for more beef jerky.

Hey, that qualifies as sticky in my book!
    Dale KingDKing2007-8-30 8:8:57
    As it happens I read a very interesting post on this subject just the other day.
    Interesting...the stickiest sites I know of don`t incorporate any of those things - quite the contrary. The stickiest sites that come to mind first generate their own content. But then again, social networks and forums have proven to be the exception to that rule. So yeah, that blog post definitely has merit.
    Dale KingDKing2007-9-6 8:39:0
  • FeliciaSlatteryFeliciaSlattery subscriber Posts: 1
    Hmmm....
    Dale, I`m not so sticky.  Well, a little I suppose.  I post new free articles and every two weeks me latest ezine goes up. 
    I wonder why a site would need to be sticky if when people visit a site they sign up for a free report and then are added to an email list to receive all the latest and greatest? 
    I`m not being cynical or trying to make trouble-- I really am curious about the benefits.  I like Angela`s idea of adding something new once a week for free- but then again, I`d send that to my list via my autoresponder, too.  Are there people who would bookmark the site and come back to it although they didn`t want to be a subscriber? 
    Guess I need to find some glue....  I know it`s around here somewhere-- got an article that can point me in the right direction in the meantime?
    Thanks for your insights, Dale!
    Felicia