WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Register Tape Advertising

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited July 2007 in Marketing
If you own an offline service company like a restaurant, car wash, carpet cleaning company, etc., I highly recommend you give Register Tape Advertising a try.I used Register Tape Advertising many years ago with great success. The company I used was:

http://www.fanfaremedia.com/rtn.php</A>

Have any of you ever used Register Tape Advertising?

What kind of results did you have?Dale KingDKing2007-7-31 16:23:59

Comments

• ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    well we havent only because were such a local company (hair salon) plus our product line Aveda is considered a premium line so advertising like this is not acceptable by them. So we havent tried it yet. I`ve only used one cupon which was for an oil change. So yeah I think it works.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Personally?I don`t even look at my receipts let alone the back of it.
    That`s a bad practice.
    You`ve probably been getting ripped-off for years!
    Dale King
  • omupasomupas subscriber Posts: 7
    Dale,That`s good advice, especially for offline businesses, and even moreso for service related businesses, like you had mentioned.  Like Todd, I`ve used the coupon for an oil change at a local service station here where I live.  It probably works best for a business to consumer rather than business to business type company because a large majority of the hands the receipts fall into are every day consumers.One other great method of advertising for brick and mortar type stores is to advertise on your credit card processing receipt.  Most people keep their receipts to reconcile their credit card statement, and 3 line text ads tend to work well for credit card receipts.  It rewards your customers and encourages repeat buying.  You see this a lot in service/restaurant businesses, "bring this receipt back on a weekday for 10% off your next bill" or "bring this receipt back within 5 days for an upgraded car wash,"  etc.  There are terminals in the marketplace where you can change the ads on the user level, so you actually don`t end up paying for this type of advertising, you are giving away coupons for free on your own receipts.Thanks for posting the link Dale, I really wasn`t aware of how to market on the back of the grocery receipts.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Dale,That`s good advice, especially for offline businesses, and even moreso for service related businesses, like you had mentioned.  Like Todd, I`ve used the coupon for an oil change at a local service station here where I live.  It probably works best for a business to consumer rather than business to business type company because a large majority of the hands the receipts fall into are every day consumers.One other great method of advertising for brick and mortar type stores is to advertise on your credit card processing receipt.  Most people keep their receipts to reconcile their credit card statement, and 3 line text ads tend to work well for credit card receipts.  It rewards your customers and encourages repeat buying.  You see this a lot in service/restaurant businesses, "bring this receipt back on a weekday for 10% off your next bill" or "bring this receipt back within 5 days for an upgraded car wash,"  etc.  There are terminals in the marketplace where you can change the ads on the user level, so you actually don`t end up paying for this type of advertising, you are giving away coupons for free on your own receipts.Thanks for posting the link Dale, I really wasn`t aware of how to market on the back of the grocery receipts.
    Thank you for the kind words, Oliver and thanks for your tip as well.
    Dale King