WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Support For Entrepreneurs

smallbizjunkiesmallbizjunkie subscriber Posts: 4
edited August 2011 in Elevator Pitches
In this day and age -- especially in the economically hard hit midwest -- many people are turning their dreams into small businesses, hoping and praying that they'll be able to make a success of their hard work. Unfortunately, money is very, very tight and the government agencies set up to support small business are more looking at either helping with business plan work (etc.) or want the LARGE small businesses to be a part of their network. Mom and Pop companies are often left by the wayside.
There is a new movement starting however, called coworking and it entails organizations that focus on the entrepreneur, the homebased business, the little guy who spends his or her time working IN their business, and may not be able to see above the horizon on how to work ON their business.
My organization (run successfully in large corporate America) has recently moved back to the midwest and I am hoping to help these people I speak about. I am a connector: I challenge, motivate and collaborate with businesses, supporting them to help them create success.
Like so many others, I have spent my savings on starting this business in a new location and would love to find a couple of small investors to help with the purchase of new equipment and marketing support while I get this business off the ground here in little town America.

Comments