WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I NEED SUGGESTIONS ASAP PLEASE!!

holisterholister subscriber Posts: 1
I need to know how to get my website known....specifically in Boston.  I just started a sports related website for dogs and have baseball bandanas.  Needless to say, the baseball season will be over soon so I need to take advantage since one of the teams is currently in the playoffs. I took an ad out in newspapers and blogged on the fans website but no orders.  Do you have any suggestions for me?  I appreciate your time!  www.teamwoofoutfitters.com                                                                               THANK YOU!!                                                                                                       Holly

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Are you getting traffic at all from the ads you`ve placed?
    As a rule, splash/entry pages usually aren`t needed; take people right to the good stuff instead.
    If you`re in Boston, might want to put the Boston items right at the top of the catalog, not the competitions.
    I think you have some scripting errors. Right under the item image, the text links arent doing anything; at the bottom of the browser it displays " javascript:; " where it should display the page url ( usually ). So if this is supposed to take the viewer to another page or create a popup or something, it isn`t doing so ( at least not in Firefox ).
    My biggest issue is that I have no way of seeing what they`re made of, how big they are, or any other information about them other than a price.Webline10/11/2008 8:43 PM
  • holisterholister subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for your time and suggestions!