WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need web site checked

GoldenrodGoldenrod subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Website Critique
I am new at this and would like some oppinions on my new web site I have been buliding since march, and if anyone in my area who knows a little about computers that can get rid of a tray app thing from off the screen and can fix an engine error from a file that got deleted that needs put back on.
The computer runs with less than 200mgs and won`t let me download programs needed and can`t clean cookies and files from computer hard drive to make room. 

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    You need to totally rewrite your main page, it is very unprofessional sounding .... you are adding a lot of text that is more like your personal afterthoughts than anything relevant to creating sales information, plus you`re not selling me on anything or showing me anything you carry where you should be ..... instead you are ....
    1)  apologizing for shopping cart errors which will make me leery of going any farther
    2)  pushing a gift certificate offer that is much too long
    3)  giving me payment and shipping information before I even see what you`re offering
    4)  and throwing in more information that seems pretty irrelevant for your site
    Why should someone have to contact you through phone/email for gift certificates?
    "Visit these pages for ...."
    What pages? There`s no links or indications of where to go.
    So far, there is nothing to compel to do anything or look any farther .... and when clicking on a link on the left, some pages take forever to load .... you have so many products listed on the pages that it takes forever to finish, and then I have to scroll for miles to see everything for that category.
    Personally, I would pass on looking very far, or thinking about making a purchase.
  • GoldenrodGoldenrod subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for the suggestions and comments, I am redoing it and hope it`s better.
  • majenjewelmajenjewel subscriber Posts: 1
    THE SWITCH FROM PAGE TO PAGE AND SCROLLING IS SLOW ON MY COMPUTER WHICH DOES NOT OCCUR ON OTHER WEBSITES.  GREAT PRODUCTS.