WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

TO ALL WEB DESIGNERS: CREATE A WEB SITE 101

SylvieSylvie subscriber Posts: 2
Hey,
I found a great web site for all dude in web site designs.... like me!
I could learn about to have a domain, hosting, domain name registration fees web maintenace, search engine promotion, URL, POP3, ODBC, MYSQL, SSL, spiders, meta tags... what`s that?
Well, all kind of terms that normal and ordinary people like me don`t know and don`t understand. Yeah, I found a really informatif website.  I think it is a great way to sell a service and attract clients, customers.  They offer you the time to discuss your questions and ideas.  Thing that I feel most of designers don`t like to do. (Or maybe I feel ashamed to ask for it.) 
That`s what I liked to read/heard that someone is happy to give some time and information and explain me in what you are going to help me, in what and why I need your services instead to hear blaming me that I don`t know this and that. and I should know this and that.  Well I`m giving you client`s opinion.  Don`t get mad and harsh.  ....  I know you don`t and you won`t
For the experts, please let me know your comments about those web sites.
www.createawebsite101.com</A>
www.ABCwebservice.com</A>
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Oh, other thing that I liked from abcwebservice.com was to see team`s pictures at the top of the home page and all pages.
    Then, the team icon.  All the team members with their pictures, name, position and little description about them.
    I like to see and know who is behind a web site, mail or whateverelse through the web.  And maybe to who I will ask for her/his services.
    Well, I`m maybe too visual... but who isn`t when it is about the web?
    About me! I couldn`t have my pictures here because they are to big

• Options
    Their portfolio!!  
    It is incredible how creativity make all the difference.
    The quality of pictures!  I loved it.  This is one of most important things in a web site:  great quality of pictures.
    I think if I was a web designer I won`t ever post anything in my portfolio having so cheap quality of pictures.
    Again, I think I`m too visual.