WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Brewpub investors?

LeahkateLeahkate subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in Elevator Pitches
Hi. I have two craft brewpubs which are very new (both less than 18 months) and profitable. I want to open a third - which is larger and in a better location. I approached SBA and they said that I was close but needed another $40,000 in cash in order to close a loan with them for $150K, which will partially fund construction. Neither of the existing pubs have any debt.
I have an excellent record, good credit, etc. The problem is the short time I've been in business - or it's a problem for the SBA. I'm thinking that if I only need the $40K, it might be better for me to bypass the banks altogether and just find an investor in exchange for ownership and a loan.
I created and built both existing pubs, and was general manager at both until I was able to train employees to take over. I'm ready for a new venture. Please let me know if you are interested in seeing a business plan, or if you have any ideas about how I would go about this. I really only need about $150K total, which includes cash for ramp-up and reserves in case of a slow opening (the other two I opened were profitable from day one). I have some cash, and the landlord is kicking in a huge TI budget. It's a new development, high foot traffic, high income, etc.
I live in Portland, Oregon, by the way, home to the best beer on earth...

Comments