WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Abandoned Carts Arghhh!

my2littlemunchkinsmy2littlemunchkins subscriber Posts: 3
I am so new to all of this but I can`t help but be sad by the amount of abandoned carts I have every day.  My website is not even a month old so I know I need to be patient with sales but should I be worried about the amount of abandoned carts?  It kills me everytime I see it.  I wish I knew why?  Does anyone know what a normal amount is?  Or tips on how to turn emptied carts into sales?  Just looking for some advice.  Thanks in advanceHillary

Comments

• Options
    Thank you both so much for taking the time to give me such great input!
  • Options
    bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    I think a lot of abandoned carts happen just because the total costs are not determined any other way.  Most web savvy visitors know one way to get the total costs including shipping, handling or anything is to act like you are buying it and abandon the cart before you close the deal.  Many people will do this several times before they actually make the purchase.  This is just human nature.  Your competitors will do this too.  I agree with all that has been said here but make sure you realize you will never get rid of this entire problem just because you are dealing with people.  I have found the more secure they are about closing the deal the less chance there is for them to live the cart without closing the sale.  So anything you can do to elevate this feeling the better the chances of making the sale.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of your replies!  I appreciate it so much.  I have someone looking into all of the suggestions you made.  Again thank you for taking the time to help me!!