WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Complete eCommerce Operation and Integration

MattCMattC subscriber Posts: 10
Hi Everyone,

What is the best way to ensure optimal integration with all aspects of an online eCommerce site?  A lot of the research i`ve done has led me to individual ad hoc programs whether its a CRM tool, then a credit card processing program, the something to deal with shipping, an accounting program like quickbooks.

Are their programs that handle everything from the beginning to the end?

i.e.  Customer places order > processes credit card > uploads info into customer data base > uploads into orders that need to be fulfilled > aligns with accounting software etc?

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    If you choose QuickBooks, there are a few ecommerce programs that are designed to work with that program. The problem is all of the suggested programs are do-it-all solutions that have (I think) high monthly fees... and probably design limitations.

Alternatively, if you already have an ecommerce program you`ll need to search for an interface like the one Janie noted above.

If you want your ecommerce (online store) to process credit card purchases, but do not need it to interface with an accounting program, themn most good ecommerce solutions do provide interfaces with popular credit card processing companies (merchant accounts).

~Roland
    vwebworld1/11/2008 10:47 AM
  • Options
    wilhelmdmawilhelmdma subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey guys, you might want to take a look at this company`s solutions: www.interprisesuite.com, they have a trial version of their software, it`s worth checking it. Their software runs together with the AspDotNetStorefront e-commerce solution. (AspDotNetStorefront -http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com ) and has fully integrated accounting, ERP, CRM modules.I hope this helps...
    wilhelmdma2008-1-11 19:49:27