WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Online Printer... Enough Said

printprintprintdotbizprintprintprintdotbiz subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2008 in Website Critique
I would like to know if you think our site is easy/not easy to use... What would you change?
Thanks! www.printprintprint.biz

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I had a little trouble at the part on how to order.. but it is simpla and to the point, which i really like . Are these postcars 2 sides 4/4 full color for that price? about 140 for 5000? I just ahda quote at 700.00.
  • printprintprintdotbizprintprintprintdotbiz subscriber Posts: 1
    Thats for checking it out...
     Yes, Thats the price $149 for 5,000 4/4 postcards with UV glossy coating. I also don`t charge extra for someone to upload their artwork (which some companies do). I`m currently working on the shipping costs (as you can see when you roll over). I`m making the shipping costs the same for everyone in the US (except Alaska and Hawaii). Let me know if you would like a quote to your location.
    I`m hoping to drive volume to the site by offering the cheapest price, best quality, and quick turnaround. I just have to get the word out now...
  • googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
    I like the look of the site, its easy and not overwhelming. The colors are attractive and it gives a fun vibe.
    I think you should look into adding the business card templates directly to the site. Having to download a pdf file to view options is going to turn people off. I don`t want to mention your competition but check out the 123 site ( I`m sure you are familiar with it).

Here is your first deal from startupnation!!!....I need new business cards (new office). email me through my website and I`ll tell you what I need. I`ll let everyone know about my experience.

www.searchmarketingsystems.net
    Great prices!! I actually just joined your newsletter so i can remember to get biz cards!

Yes,
    That is all true. When I originally launched the site, I wanted to gear it for designers or those who already had a design. But to be honest, how small is that market??? - or the better question, how large is the "people who need printing" market.
    So, to sum it all up, you would like to be able to upload your artwork and see it in the template and/or have us place your uploaded artwork in the template as your two selections for custom artwork?
    We`ve thought about the ability for "templates" for different industries. I`m just not sure how many people would want that + the fact that we`re offering custom graphic design services. So by offering the templates, it takes away from someone who may order custom graphic design...
    What do you guys think about that?
    Also, I`ll take 10% off all of SuN`s users first orders as I see you are good people and have already helped me out! Just email me before your going to order. chris@printprintprint.biz
    We are also geared up to do giveaways on blogs with over 50,000 unique visits per month. Let us know if you have attained that with your website and we will provide over $500 in custom graphic design and printing for your users/customers startup business. Contact me at chris@printprintprint.biz for more information about that if you or someone you knows is interested. If you find us the person, we`ll give you 100 free business cards (printing only!)
    Thanks everyone!
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Chris, I`ve also signed up for your newsletter.  I have been using VistaPrint for the past few years, but I may want to kick the quality up a notch.  Craig and others, you absolutely must download the template if you are doing a serious product design.  It works the same way for all printers where you upload your design.  Perhaps Chris should explain better how to use the templates.  Basically, you open a new document in Photoshop and put the template in its own layer, then you have all the guides for your card layout.  When you`re done you can delete the template layer and upload the PSD file.  Hope this helps..
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I`m not sure why you need a blog just to promote specials, etc., when you could just as easily do it on the site.
    I have image files of business cards, envelopes and letterheads I had custom made; I don`t easily see any information on sending these to you for printing instead of having something custom or template-based done. Although there is info in the FAQ area, it would be nice to see it right up front as an option.
    Thanks Steve!
    He`s exactly right about the template. The templates are in .jpg form so you can even use them in adobe illustrator or any other program. Just be sure to delete or cover up the grid lines once you have your artwork in place.

Great advice Craig!
    We were contemplating on adding a sliding testimonials box with testimonials that change every 30 seconds or so underneath the newsletter sign up. What do you think?Okay, so for the upload page, basically a little bulleted list of what we require should suffice? - 300 dpi (?) - I added that little question for the pop up description of that- 3.5" x 2" finished size (business cards)- We accept, .jpg, .eps, etc...Thats a good idea - add a page with sample customer work - even accept photos from customers who got their work printed by us - sorta like http://www.threadless.com/gallery

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member

I don`t think we need to see our uploaded design online. Rather, it`s
    that the process of uploading an image file should be easy. We should
    know the resolution in ppi, size, and file format.
    As I mentioned before, I have been using VistaPrint for years, and I am very happy that they show their interpretation of my input.  The fonts I see on my web browser may not match their closest interpretation.  I have caught unexpected line wraps this way and fixed them before paying for 500 cards containing the error.But that is a textual input and the OP`s site allows you to upload the image of the whole card.  But the same problem exists.  If the image is resized to fit the card, it could look like crap.  So the customer would rather see an online proof of the cards before committing to printing them.Or, did I not understand your comment?
    Jax Prints is similar to this.. and they have been growing and growing.. I think if you are geared towards graphic designers, this is ideal.
    Great! Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated and I will make the appropriate changes to the ordering process.

Also, Let me know who wants printing - I will take 10% off your first order! 

Cheers.
  • googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
    Hi everyone!

As promised, I am reporting back with my experience using printprintprint.biz. I ordered my cards through Chris and was immediately impressed with the speed in which he responded. I have had more than one bad experience with printers in the past and a "discount" printer scared me a little.

I quickly felt at ease after receiving a prompt response from my posting on SUN. We sent email back and forth a few times, getting the layout of the cards exactly the way I wanted them. Chris was very patient and also was very helpful in designing the cards, he actually made them look better than I expected.

I received the cards by UPS and was very happy with the overall experience. Chris and his team are very good at what they do and I would recommend their services!

PS....YES.....I paid for the cards!

www.searchmarketingsystems.net