WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Dealing with seo after a move to new city?

DesignbuddyDesignbuddy subscriber Posts: 1
Hello. I'm new to these forums but I wanted to ask a question I can't seem to find a lot of answers to on the web. What is the best way to handle SEO for a website after a move to a new city?
For example, I am a graphic designer in Nashville Tn. I rank well for terms like "Nashville graphic design", but I'm wondering what's the best method for maintaining solid web rank or building new web rank after a move? Is it possible to maintain rank in two different cities or does google frown upon that? How much of a drop in ranking is typical for original city keywords after a move or after trying to rank in a new city? These are just some of the questions I have regarding this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• DesignbuddyDesignbuddy subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the reply Tom. I thought about creating a new site, but there are a couple of concerns with
    that approach. From a branding standpoint, trying to market two identities seems a bit odd and may
    come across a bit unprofessional (especially if both businesses are going to include the same design
    portfolio pieces). I guess I'll weigh my options. Thanks.
  • DesignbuddyDesignbuddy subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the reply Quest...Yeah I suppose I could do that. I figured that targeting two different locations on the same site would lessen the strength of the first location...even though each page sort of has it's own ability to rank well for it's own particular keywords. I suppose I'll give that a try. I'm surprised there isn't more information out there regarding this. At least I couldn't find any. Thanks again for the reply.
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    I'm new to these discussions however I needed to pose a question I can't discover a great deal of answers to on the web. What is the most ideal approach to handle SEO for a site after a move to another city?

For instance, I am a visual planner in Nashville Tn. I rank well for terms like "Nashville visual computerization", yet I'm pondering what's the best technique for keeping up strong web rank or building new web rank after a move? Is it conceivable to keep up rank in two distinct urban communities or does google dislike that? What amount of a drop in positioning is run of the mill for unique city watchwords after a move or in the wake of attempting to rank in another city? These are only a portion of the inquiries I have with respect to this.