WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business partnership gone bad

fenceitfenceit subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Business Planning
   I wasn`t sure where to post this but decided here to see if anyone has any legal type advice.  I invested in a business about a year ago with a little over $100K.  The other party had about $60K invested.   I was kind of a silent investor and we did not to any agreement or contract which seems like my mistake at this point.  The other partner held the license and basically handled everything.  I set up a business bank account and provided a business credit card.  The account was set up under the name that he was doing business under and I used his fid# when setting it up.  He was listed as a signer on the account but since the funds were drawn from my personal accounts he didn`t have access to it other than signing.  Well over the last  several months it appears money hasn`t been being deposited but taken off the top.  This was a powersports business where he held the dealers license as well as sales tax certs, etc.  Do I have any chance in getting my cash back?  My atty is out of state on vacation and I thought I would get some opinions. 

Comments