WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

tax on stock transactions

halhal subscriber Posts: 1
I am looking for software or spreadsheet  for tax consequences on stock sales

It should track purchases, reinvested dividends, stock splits, and take
overs and then calculate long and short term gains or losses for each
sale including simple stock sales, "liquidated"  sales and "in
lieu" sales.  it should restructure to account for each
transaction entered.

Harold

Comments

• Options
    startsmallbizstartsmallbiz subscriber Posts: 1
    Is there a way I can enter my email address when I see a great question like this one, so that I can get emailed when someone replies?
  • Options
    glgcpaglgcpa subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    You may want to look into this ready made spreadsheet from edco:http://www.edcosoft.com/d1.htmlYes, you could make one, but I know this one is accurate for tax purposes and that is a lot harder to program than one may think.
  • Options
    halhal subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks but this site and download (demo) doesn`t work for me. I get an explanation of the  program but no program.

Also I don`t want to go thru re-engineering a spreadsheet to do what I want. I know there are solutions available.

For instance if I log on to TDAmertrade they have what I want but only for stuff on their site..

Right now I do this stuff by hand and it`s messy, but I guess I`ll keep doing what I`m doing.
    Thanks
    Hal