WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

please comment on domain name

csabacsaba subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2008 in Website Critique
Hi folks,
I`ve been active here in the past two days... so here`s my new post
I just registered a domain name (com, net, org), and I`d like to hear your opinion about it. I`m not going to tell you what the web application will be about, so right now I`d like to test this name.  (I registered it just to be on the safe side...)
www.kultotopia.com
On the site itself, I thought of presenting the name as this:
KULTO
TOPIA
What do you think this website will be about? Does this name make any sense to you? Is this name easy to remember?
Thank you for your input
Csaba
(Hungary)

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    No clue. I doubt the name itself will do much for SEO right off the bat; what/who is a kulto? Who is going to search for it? If it was just "KULTO", it might be more memorable since it`s shorter.
    In your eyes, what is the benefit of displaying it as you mentioned? Without seeing the concept, I have no idea what to think of it.
    In time, if the site/application becomes well known, it might be beneficial via uniqueness ( think Yahoo, Google, etc. ).
  • csabacsaba subscriber Posts: 3
    Most of the shorter letter combinations are already taken... but now I found a good candidate and I purchased it right away:

kultix.com

As for SEO, there will be many similar pages, following the same template, but each with a unique content. People will search for words that will be included in these unique content pages.

I still wonder what these two names might mean to you guys, without knowing the concept. The site will have a strong European focus (both content and users).

Csaba
  • technocraztechnocraz subscriber Posts: 0
    hi csaba,

I think it is something realted to Web 2.0. And your second choice is on the right track which will help you in digital marketing as well. Actually for digital marketing a lot of things are taken into account and it depends on a number of activities. 

technocraz
    Hi
    I posted the same question on the site where I`m rather active (a community of freelance translators). Just in case you are interested, here`s the link
    Csaba
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I am thinking cult to.. which is not the best thought when people are thinking of a name.. Just my opinion.

Erin
    Thank you for your ideas. As I mentioned, I also posted this question on another forum as well, and eventually I decided to drop these names (too bad I already registered them...)
    Anyway, I came up with another name that`s more descriptive of what the webapp would do. It`s not too imaginative, it`s simply two English words put together - and available as a domain name. (Not any more, as I moved quickly to register it
    I`ll let you know more if and when the webapp would be operational - hopefully before the end of the year...
    Csaba
  • WebTigressWebTigress subscriber Posts: 0
    I thought it was more of a residence area...because of the Topia Part.http://www.lions-mark.com/
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Csaba!! Good Luck, and let us know!!

Erin