WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How usual is this?

kakerkaker subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2011 in Business Planning
HelloMy native language isn't English, I try to write that you understand. I was earlier working in a company which imports products from other countries but also buy products in the homeland and sells them to the customers. These customers are other companies. So this is B2B-business. You maybe think I'm "sneaky" but I've been thinking is there any possibilities to start own company and sell same products to the same customers but cheaper. An advantage would be my lower costs because I would do this business alone first and in a small scale. But would these customers buy from me only for cheaper prices? Of course I should to find also new customers. How usual is to start own business in that way?

Comments

• GaryBarzelGaryBarzel subscriber Posts: 1
    It is not unusual at all for someone that has been working in a specific field to then go ahead and open up your own company. I would suggest you get to learn the business through and through. Focus on getting contacts and build relationships with customers you are dealing with.
    Also cheaper prices isn't always what customers are looking for. People generally look for service. If you can provide them excellent service then it would do a lot more to attract customers then just cheaper prices.