WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Subscriptions

RobinhdRobinhd subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2011 in Sales
I am starting a new business. My product will require a monthly refill and therefore members can subscribe to purchase their refills from me.

However, I am unsure of how to gather their credit card information and have them approve the monthly transaction.  Eventually this may be done online, but for the moment I want to assume that this transaction will be done by telephone.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Robinhd4/2/2009 12:45 PM

Comments

• nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
  • RobinhdRobinhd subscriber Posts: 2
    I considered using paypal but it is more online driven and requires the member to create an account.  My product will be driven at people who will be more likely to use a phone or meet person to person than use the computer.
      I figure that some sort of statement of agreement would be appropriate for person to person contacts, but I am not sure what to do for over the phone transactions.
  • MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    Is it possible you can enter the payment information through paypal yourself without requiring your customers to do it themselves? I`m not positive if PayPal allows this, but I could have sworn I saw them offer a service such as this.
  • RobinhdRobinhd subscriber Posts: 2
    OK Thank you, Paypal is one option then.
      However, I still need some information about how to take orders person to person or over the phone.  Can anyone help me with information about a statement of agreement in order to keep the customers Credit Card information and charging them monthly for the subscription?
  • unlimited22unlimited22 subscriber Posts: 1
    I agree. PayPal or AlertPay. I use PayPal. It accepts all major credit cards and echecks so if they don't have a credit card they can open a free account and pay direct from their bank. Perfect for new business owners. Free to open an account.

Good luck!
  • GaryBarzelGaryBarzel subscriber Posts: 1
    Why don't you start a merchant account. There is a Mail Order/Phone Order (MOTO) merchant account, which is
    suitable for any business that wants to process credit card payments via
    mail or over the phone.