WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Selling A Necessary Evil

SafetyKingSafetyKing subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Sales
Even though safety is the right thing to do, companies feel like its a burden rather than an investment. Business owners see it as expensive, confusing and a pain the butt! I have created a product that addresses those questions and makes safety simple, fun & cost effective. I live in an area with a booming construction economy and I figured that I would have no problem selling it. We are in our third month and have less than impressive sales numbers to show for it. I have aligned myself with some key safety associations butwe are not getting accepted into the community. This is denfinetly a "Good Old Boys Club"! Any suggestion on how I should market and sell my product?
SafetyKing4/14/2008 1:13 PM

Comments

• Options
    gangsgangs subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi ,

here  are  two  suggestions :
    1.  Dont  take  the  ` big boys `  in  ur  industry  head-on  .  That`s like suicide !  Figure  out  a  way  to  ` out-smart` them  rather  than ` out-power `  them  !!   Find  a  small  chink  in  their  armoury  and  squeeze  in  ---  only  to  explode  once  you  are  well  inside . 

2.  Safety  is  like  Insurance  .  You  dont  do  it  unless  you  have  fear  !  Trying  too  hard  to  position  safety  on  the  platform  of  "  Fun "  may  end  up  frivolising  the  very  essence  of  the  need  to  invest  in  safety .  Just  be  careful .  May  be  you  should  take  a  random  customer  feedback  . 

wish  you  good  lick  .