WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Do Not Call List

ayjayayjay subscriber Posts: 7
edited February 2008 in Marketing
I am also on the DNC list. I did outbound long distance telemarketing for a while in college (pre-Do Not Call), so I`ve been on the receiving end of plenty of hang-ups. I prefer people add themselves to the do-not call list than hang up on or be rude to the telemarketers.

Personally, I do almost all my communicating via cell phone or email, so the only people calling my home are family, teachers, doctors` offices, kids` friends. . .and telemarketers (ones for my credit card companies or charities or political messages, usually). If you are a busy employee, parent, and aspiring entrepreneur, there`s nothing more frustrating than being interrupted while bathing a child, helping with homework, etc by someone selling something.

Honestly, I also don`t like door-to-door canvassers or pop up ads that much either. TV ads give me a chance to check my laundry, and I can flip past the magazine ads, but the rest take my precious time : )
ayjay2/18/2008 1:57 PM

Comments

• Options
    SendThemCardsSendThemCards subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m with Katherine,
    If I don`t want to read a magazine I don`t open it.
    When I watch the television I expect to see a commercial, it pays for the free programming which I can turn off any time.
    The telemarketer doesn`t help pay for my phone service, I pay.

When I click on of sites with pop-ups I simply stop and don`t go back. I can only get them when I am on the computer not when I am in the shower or in the middle of dinner.

Unlike my computer I have to have the phone on 24/7 for calls from my friends and family and for fire or police.

I think we should have the choice of how we use our phone service.