WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

RSS feeds and Blogs, How do they fit together

hjgauthierhjgauthier subscriber Posts: 19
edited July 2007 in Marketing
I was overhearing a conversation in  which someone was talking about RSS feeds and blogging, in what seemed like the same sentence.  Can someone tell me what RSS is, and how that can be helpful in using blogs as a marketing tool?
Thanks,Hubert

Comments

• Options
    When you post an entry into a blog, it creates a "feed"which is a list of entries without anything extra - just the content. That feed can be distributed through "RSS" (really simple syndication - basically just a way of formatting the page) so that people can subscribe to it through a service like Web feeds

From what it sounds like you are saying, my blog on Blogger will automatically use RSS feed, but in order for people to subscribe to it I need to have a sign up link on my blog.  Is that correct?  I tried clicking on your link that says "my blog" but couldn`t go to it.  I will try it later and see if I can get there then.
    Thanks,
    Hubert

• Options
    Why do you not like Blogger? Also, I need to get my blog set up so my readers can subscribe?  Do you know how I can do that?
    Thanks,
    Hubert
  • Options
    There are many reasons for it ...I would check out this post called Feedburner is your friend on subscriptions.

Thanks for that url.  It should help me a lot.
    Hubert
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    nhgnikole,
    I was thinking of setting up a journal or blog. I have no experience whatsoever. But I want something that is simple to setup and easy to update.  So I was thinking about setting up a journal at LiveJournal.com.  What do you think about that site? 
    Jeannie 
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    Yes, mine is personal.  So I guess I will use LiveJournal.
    Thanks nhgnikole!