WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Launched Blog, Need SEO/Content Advice

FEVFEV subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
Hello SUN community,
My site/blog is http://www.decisionmakingtips.com
I have a fair amount of web design experience and used a modified wordpress theme, and created the site myself.
The goal/strategy of the blog is to get lots of traffic and subscribers, like any blog, but so far I have seen a jump in the traffic as we launched and a steady decline since that time.
I am looking for a general critque, but more specifically anyone with ideas on how to get more SEO juice, or good directories to submit the blog to (besides technorati), or ideas on how to optimize the content to make it more accessible to search engines.
Thanks in advance for your most valuable asset, time.
-Ferol

Comments

• Options
    PS- also interested in anyone with browser/compatibility issues. I am using a Mac with firefox and it looks fine, but PC folks let me know if you have issues.
  • Options
    thanks, this is great feedback!!
    Now I know i have to start testing IE, yuck.
    Do you know which version you were using? I`m assuming 5.5 or 6.
    -Ferol
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    PC with IE 7 seems to display OK.
  • Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Hello SUN community,
    My site/blog is http://www.decisionmakingtips.com
    I have a fair amount of web design experience and used a modified wordpress theme, and created the site myself.
    The goal/strategy of the blog is to get lots of traffic and subscribers, like any blog, but so far I have seen a jump in the traffic as we launched and a steady decline since that time.
    I am looking for a general critque, but more specifically anyone with ideas on how to get more SEO juice, or good directories to submit the blog to (besides technorati), or ideas on how to optimize the content to make it more accessible to search engines.
    Thanks in advance for your most valuable asset, time.
    -Ferol

Most of the main places to submit blogs to are already part of the default install of wordpress so you won`t have to worry about that.  It`s all automatic.
    however, there are some that you can submit them to.  Here`s a list to get ya started.  Some of the links may not work (around 5 or so).http://www.blog-connection.com/submit-blogs.htm
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, Craig.  We have been struggling with focus since launch, and I like some of your suggestions (especially pull-quotes).
    Very interested in more about the content, does anyone else have trouble understanding the content, or feel it is unfocused?
    Again, SUN community, thanks in advance for your time.
    -Ferol