WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
edited November 2007 in Home-Based Businesses
Great advice and resources, the best of which is, "Tap into a support netowork." I love working from home and being here when my kids get home and having control, however illusory, over my life. The biggest challenge I have had is from the "dream-stealers" who tell you "get a real job." The really strange thing here is that these dream-stealers are people who love me! Go Figure! Anyway, having that support of other courageous Mompreneurs is priceless. I would also like to add another resource - Work at Home Moms who are professionals doing the stuff that needs to be done but you either don`t want to do or aren`t good at. You know that marketing campaign has to get done but you want to go to your daughter`s soccer game and your son`s dance recital , consider a Virtual Assistant (see us at www.teamdoubleclick.com</A>) and together you and your VA(s) can make dreams come true! Gotta love that!SandraP2007-8-30 15:27:34

Comments

• RetiredMemberRetiredMember subscriber Posts: 0
    To the "bottom line"... I would add:
    Open your eyes to things/services you and others want, but can`t seem to find either locally or convienently. Do a bit of market research to find out if enough business potential exists. When you find a "hole" or two... follow the well established path SuN and others have for building that business.
    Nick
  • FeliciaSlatteryFeliciaSlattery subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Sandra,
    I have been working with a VA for almost a year-- and have only been in business for 18 months.  For me it was more about hiring someone to do the kinds of work I knew I could learn, but preferred to spend the limited time I have on doing other work in my business.  Training in how to design, configure and maintain a website or getting a shopping cart together are things a solopreneur can learn... but why when there are qualified, experienced VAs who can save time, effort, and money? 
    I`m a BIG fan of the VA industry.  I think anyone who has a home business should hire a VA -- if you have a business and not a hobby.  For me, it meant getting profitable much more quickly than I would if I had to take the time to get all that "stuff" down myself.  Plus, I don`t like doing some of the things my VA enjoys; it`s a win-win for both of us. 
    I`m so grateful to my VA and I`m sure your clients feel the same about you!
    Warmly,
    Felicia
  • SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Felicia,
    Thank you so much for your feedback. You make an excellent that a business can get profitable much faster with help that without. As an entrepreneur myself I know that spending my time on my "core competency" and letting someone who is competient in handling the other stuff that comes along with running a business is just plain smart. Like you said it`s a win-win.
    For anyone reading this and thinking, "great but where do I find one or how do I hire one" I hope you will visit our website for more information. At Team Double-Click we act as the "Human  Resources Department" for our clients and make the process even more efficient.
    Take care,
    ~Sandra
  • TrendingSolutionsTrendingSolutions subscriber Posts: 1
    I agree 100% that businesses can be more profitable by outsourcing some of the tasks.  I actually provide customer service support and order fulfillment (shipping) for small on-line stores.  This provides on-line store owners with more time to promote their businesses and time for their families.  My customers are seeing more traffic on their sites and increase in their sales now that they have time to get out and network and promote their business rather than getting bogged down in answering calls and shipping items.
    Janene Jaroscak
    Trending Solutions
    www.trendingsolutions.com
  • TransformationCoachTransformationCoach subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello there Ladies,

My wife and I run an  international Biz from home, it is web-based and we wear many hats. I`ve just joined this great Community and this is the first forum that I`m reading, since we work with mostly Moms/Grandmoms the Topic attracted me.

It seems the universs is telling us something. An Associate of ours just referred a book to us titled, "The 4 Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferris. A couple of other suggestions have come along ....and a key mentor recently mentioned he had hired a virtual assistant as well. Now, this article!    We have a local assistant & webmaster...but now, yes I definitely see the value in aligning with a Virtual Assistant. Thanks for the added catalyst and your hard-won professional advice!

Create an amazing day....RWA   : ))
    TransformationCoach10/26/2007 11:55 AM
  • conyersconyers subscriber Posts: 0
    I also have a Home Based Business.  I`m a stay at home mom of three and lovin` it.  I love my time freedom.  It allows me to work from the comfort of my home, volunteer at the schools and just be a more involved parent. 

Please visit my website to get more information about my Home Based Business.

www.askmymom.net

www.plansforless.net

To our Success,
    Shona hIll