WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Top eCommerce Players

toycardirecttoycardirect subscriber Posts: 4
I think we should start a post on the best ecommerce carts for what is out there. I will start.
Magento: Free and Open Source
AspDotNetStoreFront
Nexternal
Airvae Commerce, When I have the funds I will purchase this software!
Channel Advisor
Truition
There are hundreds of carts out there if not thousands and people out there should know the major players in this field and go from there! Add to the list for quality applications!

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Free open source: Zen Cart and osCommerce

Small purchase price: Xcart

Check this SUN thread 

~Roland
    vwebworld6/14/2008 7:02 AM
  • infiltainfilta subscriber Posts: 8
    I really like what Magento offers. I compared Magento, OSCommerce and Zen Cart before and IMO Magento has impressed me -- but back in the day they did not have integration with any payment gateways except PayPal. Now they have integration with Google Checkout and a bunch of other credit card processing gateways. I didn`t use any of them though, so not sure what to suggest. As for  me, I am intending to use Magento for one of my personal projects later this year.  
  • cma01cma01 subscriber Posts: 0
    I`ll third Zen Cart.
    As I mentioned in another thread, Magento looks great, but comparing functionality, I`d still stick with Zen Cart.
    Freeway is another OsCommerce fork that I would definitely give a try if the right situation arose.
    As I mentioned in another thread, Magento looks great, but comparing functionality, I`d still stick with Zen Cart.
    That`s when you need all the functionality.
    Most CMS`s as well as carts, I would guess, have way more then an average user would need.
  • cma01cma01 subscriber Posts: 0
    That`s when you need all the functionality.
    Most CMS`s as well as carts, I would guess, have way more then an average user would need.

That`s true, but I`ve found that a client will start by saying, "I just need X," and then as they start using it, they will come back and say, "Can I do X, Y, Z and A, B, Q and R."  So I set them up with a solution that will give them, or has the opportunity to give them, what they will need rather than just what they say they will want.
    True. As for me personally, for one of my projects, I`d like something real light without need of much integration, something like e-junkie.com but it does not have enough specific features. I did a trial and wasn`t too happy with it either, I know they developed it a little more since but still. It`s hard to please everyone, that`s for sure.