WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Seeking Business Idea Feedback

shayla2004shayla2004 subscriber Posts: 19
edited April 2008 in Public Relations
Hi, all! I have a very new idea for my marketing/public relations firm and I would love your feedback. Read below.Public Relations Representation Service
Many entrepreneurs and start-ups are working alone or with 2-3 other
people. Therefore, they don`t hire public relations firm. However, with
my new service, you can get representation without appearing like a
small company.
For a monthly rate or per press release, you can list my firm as the
contact on your press releases. My firm will document the calls you
receive and send the information to your company every day via email.
For example, the information could include:
Name of Person: Mary Joseph
Name of Company: ABC Retailers
Phone Number: 999-999-9999
Inquiry: Interested in conducting an interview with your company
The benefits for the entrepreneur include not appearing "small" to
other companies and not worrying with the initial hassle of phone calls
from your press release.
What are your thoughts? Would you purchase this service? How much would you pay?
Thanks,
ShaylaBuzzWorthy Public Relations

Comments

• johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    Definitely a needed service.
    I use service like this to send out press releases. They are inexpensive ($125). However, I think they should offer more services - which you may address, including answering phone calls, or even making follow-up calls after the press releases are sent.
    The key is to focus. It is better to be a good expert niche player (for example, focus on food industry).
  • shayla2004shayla2004 subscriber Posts: 19

Definitely a needed service.I use service like this to send out press releases. They are inexpensive ($125). However, I think they should offer more services - which you may address, including answering phone calls, or even making follow-up calls after the press releases are sent.The key is to focus. It is better to be a good expert niche player (for example, focus on food industry).

Thanks for feedback. Please check out my post: http://iambuzzworthy.com/2008/02/19/pub ... n-service/
    I was thinking about offering my service for $75 per press release. Any thoughts?
  • saltydiannesaltydianne subscriber Posts: 3
    I think it is a great idea and I would be interested.
    My questions are;
    1. How long would your service last?  What if somebody has an inquiry 1 year from now, would you handle the call and forwarding details at that time?
    dianne
  • johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks for feedback. Please check out my post: ntation-service/I was thinking about offering my service for $75 per press release. Any thoughts?
    The one I uses focus on computer industry. I think the focus is worth the additional cost. That`s why I suggested that you have a focus, at least initially.
    Thanks for the great feedback. I appreciate it and look forward to more. Here are some clarifications:
    Right now, I want to focus on taking incoming calls not necessarily calling the media for my online clients. This service is for multiple industries and doesn`t need a focus. In addition, there are many distribution systems and I know right now I can`t compare to those.
    As for handling inquires one year later, yes this would be included in the one-time fee. That`s why I was thinking about a price range of $75-$125 per release. (Still thinking)
    This service also includes re-writing the release, converting it into a PowerPoint presentation, and a 30 minute marketing consulting session (to help with pitching, branding, etc)
    Here`s the new updates: http://iambuzzworthy.com/2008/02/19/pub ... n-service/
    Thanks,
    Shaylashayla20042/20/2008 5:12 PM
    Excuse my ignorance, would you mind explaining this to me?  As I am understanding it (and I think I am misunderstanding) Company X would send out a press release and list you as the contact and when potenial customers/clients call they would get your company on the line instead of Company X? I apologize if I am missing something very obvious I just don`t get it.....thanx....

Thanks correct. However, it can be more than just potential clients; it also can be the media.
    Shayla
  • KermKerm subscriber Posts: 0
    A new type of house for extreme weathers can be interesting Katherine my name is Kermit Williams this concept idea can be great for new housing as well for cheaper and better living learn more Evawilliams@sbcglobal.net .
  • TapeSealTapeSeal subscriber Posts: 5
    I like the idea.  For people like me who need help fine tuning is great.  I`ll be in touch for sure