WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Virtual Assistant/Marketing for multiple Physicians offices

xericxxericx subscriber Posts: 6
edited December 2007 in Selecting a Business
Hi, new member here looking for some advise on a businessBasically I want to start a small businesss where I would be the outsourced producer for Plastic Surgery practice marketing, mailing and presentation materials.  I would compose direct mailings, design newsletters, patient handouts, custom presentations, email blast newsletters and increase the follow-up with patients and potential patients by sending periodical letters from the doctor`s office.  I`m based in LA and have been working in this field for 5-6 years and have built up a really solid contact base.  I`m going to take existing documentation and handouts from plastic
surgeons, improve the aesthetics and design, reprint them nicely and
then give them copies Going to design and print books that a
plastic surgeon can give to every consultation.  The design of this
will be customized for each plastic surgeon...I can take pre-existing
content or have custom designed and printed brochures.  I will charge for the
design and then also take a profit from all the printing and binding
for these books. Design and improve Powerpoint presentations for doctors that use this in their practice. Perhaps design some digital tools or presentation.Automate mass mailings.  After every patient comes in for a consult, I
will print and send out form letters thanking
the patient for coming in.  This will save a ton of administrative time
for the practice.  Just brainstorming some ideas.  The field is flooded with web, SEO and other things like that....but I have seen the offerings for this similar work and I know I can do better.  Looking for general advice......tips....and tricks.....

Comments

• Options
    oh yeah...i want to steer away from the word "virtual assistant" and instead have it be some sort of "marketing" firm....that way I can charge a flat fee per month (plus production costs) instead of going hourly.......thoughts on that?         
  • Options
    I built my contacts mainly from volunteering time for plastic surgeon societies ane meetings.  That stuff really helped out alot to get my face and name familiar with a lot of different doctors.  I`ve actually gotten several "soft" job offers ("call me if you`re looking to move on...",etc) and have done side projects on an hourly basis but never was organized enough to follow-up.  There`s a meeting this weekend and I`ll see what some people say.  Basically looking to automate basic office correspondence and emails....the field is extremely busy and many offices I`ve been to have been short staffed or people wearing too many hats or a high turnover rate.   i`m just brainstorming and coming up with a "menu" of services...i`m trying to stay away from websites and marketing since its pretty saturated.
  • Options
    spoke with a surgery coordinator...she said a lot of doctors offices are not busy and they have office staff do that....those were less busy offices.......having lunch with an OR supervisor today...will pick his brain for thoughts......   
  • Options
    had lunch.....he had some good input as far as what to do and said its something that can definitely be needed? Anyone have good experience in this kind of thing?  Automated mailings and followups for a doctor`s office?  I realize there are some HIPAA concerns, but I can probably find a way around those....i`ve done some HIPAA compliance here in the past...  
  • Options
    AmfehringAmfehring subscriber Posts: 0
    Something to think about are the HIPAA laws that protect patient confidentiality to outside sources (even yourself & your business) that extend beyond the billing service of that particular medical facility/office.
  • Options
    Something to think about are the HIPAA laws that protect patient confidentiality to outside sources (even yourself & your business) that extend beyond the billing service of that particular medical facility/office.Yeah, I would have to give some sort of consent form to do this. I`m coming up with several different solutions.  The best thing is that I have a lot of marketing material and consent forms at my disposal.  I`ll have to come up with something iron clad. I have a few training CDs on HIPAA and have worked with it in the past.  Liability issues if you don`t do it right. Update: I am possibly getting a HIPAA compliant (256bit encryption) ASP to automate this. The functionality is meant to be a backend for certain service industries but I met with the owner of the company and he said he can modify some of it to my purposes. need to brainstorm and get everything together though.
  • Options
    I just need to get how exactly I am going to execute. I`ve started a website...its rough, I spent about 5 minutes using yahoo sitebuilder...I`ll spend more time on it this weekened and next week....I have jury duty next week so I`ll have time to brainstorm.....I do have a day job..hahI`ll fill it in, just as an outline. Its not going to be actively marketed for about a month probably while I hammer out the kinks. 
    xericx2007-10-11 22:52:17
  • Options
    cleanaircleanair subscriber Posts: 0
    Greetings- I may have an opportunity that would work very well with what you`re doing with the doctors. Are you familiar with electronic medical records and the new laws surrounding them?
    I would love to brain storm with you at some point in time about an opportunity using EMR devices. Check out www.sgmscorp.com.com at your convenience.
    Daniel cleanair12/7/2007 12:37 PM
  • Options
    Update:
    After a few months of dormancy, I`ve resurrected this as my commitments have opened up.
    www.liftmed.com
    I`m going to do a site redesign  but what I will be doing is managing email newsletters and hard copy handouts for physicians offices.  It can either be authored by me or authored by them, either way I`ll charge a monthly fee. I`ve signed up for a Constant Contact Business Account (they`re free) and I`ll be marketing that service as well.
    I`m currently learning about SEO, Viral Marketing and other similar things like that.
    I`ve got two people I`m going to be doing this for, at a very reduced rate just to get my business up and off the ground and build a portfolio. 
  • Options
    Greetings- I may have an opportunity that would work very well with what you`re doing with the doctors. Are you familiar with electronic medical records and the new laws surrounding them?
    I would love to brain storm with you at some point in time about an opportunity using EMR devices. Check out www.sgmscorp.com.com at your convenience.
    Daniel

Hi,
    I am somewhat in the arena of EMR for patients...I`ve sat through a pitch for that service. It is indeed interesting.....I`ll keep my options open but right now i`ve got to concentrate on smaller stuff.