WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The hottest business opportunities today

RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
edited April 2014 in Selecting a Business
I`d love to see what you folks think are the hottest business opportunities out there these days, and what opportunities will be hot in the coming year.
If you could wipe the slate clean right now and start all over, what kind of business would it be?
And why?
Rich
P.S. We`ll try to talk about some of the ideas you post here on our radio show.

Comments

• theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    I`m going to agree with Jeff... energy is huge. I`d love to hear about innovative companies in this sector.
    Also--Web 2.0. What are some hot companies and how are they making money?
    Maybe on the small business side... scrapbooking. I hear my mom and her friends talk about it all the time.
  • EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    Rich,
    Energy is # 1. as far as big money and big investment. BTW did anybody see that Extreme Engineering show about how they are tapping the huge natural gas field off of the northern coast of Russia  a Large enough field to power the current world`s needs for 40 years!
    IF I had my choice to wipe the slate clean and get into something big. It would probably be directing the engineering and construction of a feasible high speed rail system in this country that could be implemented over a decade, create loads of jobs, and present a true energy savings over air travel. It kills me to see that we have so much to gain by developing a quality rail system here yet we red tape every single idea to death. The only reason I`m glad that we haven`t done anything with it yet is because we have been able to see the technology get better and better.

• hbt6872hbt6872 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Okay, Okay, I am a shill.
    Hottie Body Tan www.hottiebodytan.com</A>  We all love vanity and want to look better!  The tanning industry is a 5 billion dollor industry...and it continues to grow with additional "cosmetic upgrades"...okey my elevator pitch it up.
    I say vanity, all the way!

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    so, scott, you believe you`ve identified a hot problem (or priority, better said) and what is the business opportunity?
    scott, by all means keep your concept confidential! let`s leave it at that and we`ll look forward to your postings later in your project as you "go public" with your business.
    rich
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    Well, I believe one of the hottest opportunities right now is the "errand/concierge" business. That is why I decided to start my own concierge business.  It was rated by Entreprenaur as one of the 10 hottest also.  Everyone is working longer hours and more days than in the past, people are getting burnt out and there are things that just dont get done that can be handled by concierges.  More people are starting up in this business and prospective clients could be just about anyone. Anyone that is overworked or needs some help now and then.  Also it works great for other home based businesses for backup office support without the benefits of a full time employee. Also in a business office instead of hiring temps concierges could fill the job too and they come with varied backgrounds since they usually have sub contractors that work for them.  Hospitals are now starting to offer concierge services as well as luxury apts/condominium complexes.  Concierge services are not just in the plush hotels anymore they are for the working class, post op patients, hospital patients, realtors. The list really is long. But it can be a lifesaver for people that are far away from family and friends and have no one to help in emergencies.Hope that helped a little.. Thanks
  • kevin7911kevin7911 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi conciergelady ,
    Your viewpoint seems so wonderfull,I am very interested in this plan.Could you tell more about this, or could you tell me where I can know more information about this.
    I am from China, you know there are 1.3 billion people in China, I think this is a big market for  errand/concierge.
    Kevin082312@yahoo.com</A>
    Hope your reply soon.
    thanks
    Kevin
  • EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    Rich,
    After some deep thought. I believe that the big money is going to the retiring baby boomer crowd. Silly as it may seem, the RV industry with all the towing equipment and all the gizmos and gadgets are really popping. People, as it turns out, really do want to see the world when they die.
     If you can somehow reach that market.......the people that are still mobile, have some money to burn, and aren`t so fragile that they can`t drive or care for themselves.
    The errand/concierege service fits right into this plan as would anything that eases the challenges of retiring and aging folk everywhere.
    I have no stake in the business of serving elderly people. I just really believe that this is going to be one of the hands-down  hot business opportunities.
    ~Eric
    very cool, everyone. how about if we start reading some of your comments on the air. in fact, would you like to be on the air making these comments? sound like fun?!
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi RichYep, sounds like a lot of fun  !! jo
  • eventbrandereventbrander subscriber Posts: 6
    I`d dive into online game development.

I think Massive Multiplayer Online Games have recently been embraced by an even larger community base with the release of World of Warcraft. This market keeps pulling in more subscribers. The technology will become so outstanding virtual worlds will increase the gaming population & online addiction.

• agelguyagelguy subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello all!
    I believe that the next `big thing` as far as home based business will be the Agel network marketing business opportunity.
    Before joining Agel , I spent a month doing research on this company , I researched many other company`s and  I have not found in the other network marketing company`s what I found in Agel. The leadership, compensation plan, products and timing. - Agel has it all!
    My guess is that most people who are looking to build a home based business - are not just looking to earn a good 4000 dollars a months, Today  people are looking to build wealth and to build it from home.
     When I joined the network marketing industry I did so because I was really looking to create wealth and not just an extra income on the side. I can only speak for myself by saying that in order to work from home and build wealth - one has to really choose the right home based business program for him/her self , There are many wacky home based businesses out there that will promise you all diffrent kind of things.I was looking for honesty and that I found with Agel.
    Google Agel and check it out,
    Have a great day!

• RobFrantaRobFranta subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Don`t count out network marketing style business models. There are some amazing new programs out there that are having success rates in the high 80% range vs. the days of old where the fail rates were higher than that.
    There are full turn key marketing systems included with these new systems. Some of them out there now are paying 100% commission and offerring a no selling plan. Where they will make all the sales for you and the conversion rates are huge.
    There is very little investment with these as well. So almost anyone can afford them. For around $650.00 you can have a turn key business. With a complete proven marketing system that works. All you need is 2 qualifying sales which they will make for you and you are eligable to make $500 commission on evey sale after that.
    Sound too good to be true? It`s not.
    Rob
  • RobFrantaRobFranta subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    A couple of things I forgot to mention.
    Every sale I bring in has to give me their first 2 sales. You`ll see this in the video. So my downline will also be working for me for a short time. If they make sales I get the 500 for their first 2. Then they make the comission.
    The second thing is is this system is automated. You are not talikng to people or selling people. The system does it for you. I put my time in advertising for free to drive traffic to my site thats it. The system works while I am sleeping, on vacation, at my "for now" real job.
    Again this is a no brainer.
    Rob