WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is eBay For Me?

reaprreapr subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Selecting a Business
About eight years ago I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay.   I really enjoyed it but it was all used collectibles sitting around.  I enjoyed it very much until I found that I had no free time with it and the current job. So I turned to affiliate marketing online and have since turned a small profit but nothing to currently replace my current job income.
I have thought about going back into eBay but don`t really know what I would sell or where to get products and after researching drop shipping till my eyes are crossed I do not want to be involved in drop shipping.
As an affiliate marketer I do know how to find sub niches and micro niches but then there is the problem of product.  So here are the the questions and problems.
Fear of failure going back into an eBay that is much different than it was 8 years ago.  How does one get over such a fear?  As you have guessed I have been thinking about it for 8 years and really want to take the leap!
What is the best way to set up an LLC and get an tax number that would cover both eBay and affiliate marketing?
Is there something I missed?
I sure would be glad to hear from some experienced sellers!reapr10/27/2007 2:05 PM

Comments

• LizardWisdomLizardWisdom subscriber Posts: 0
    eBay is an interesting beast. You can make a decent amount of income selling on eBay, or you can flounder. It has everything to do with the type of product that you are selling.
    With your affiliate marketing skills of being able to find niches, you should be an ideal candidate to be an eBay success. The key is to find a supplier once you find the niche. Of course, we feel it is harder to find a niche that isn`t already saturated than it is to find a supplier! Of course you have to find a supplier who is willing to work with an online only retailer. Some will, some won`t.
    Check out our website Lizard Wisdom, where we help people find success selling on eBay. We also have a free 58-page e-book that is available on Lizard Wisdom that should answer some of your questions about selling on eBay.
    Good luck!
  • reaprreapr subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for your response!  I expect it would be really easy to find a drop shipper willing to fulfill my product for a micro niche compared to finding a real wholesaler that will!  Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome that gargantuan hurdle?  Thanks again.
    Finding a reputable wholesaler can be a bit of a problem. If you do a Google search for wholesaler, you will find hundreds, if not thousands, of listings. Of course, most of them are scams. They want you to pay an amount of money for a "wholesale list". Save your cash on these sorts of lists!
    Check out WorldWide Brands One Source.
    They are an eBay Certified Solutions Provider who pre-qualifies drop
    shippers and wholesalers. What this means is they find vendors who will work with you,
    the at home business.
    WorldWide Brands does require a one-time fee to view their extensive list of wholesalers and drop shippers. They are updating this list on a daily basis, and you get lifetime access to this information. There is no ongoing fee to use their service.
    We use WorldWide Brands service and have found wholesalers that are willing to work with eBayers. Give them a try!LizardWisdom2007-10-30 10:32:4
  • reaprreapr subscriber Posts: 1
    I really appreciate the information!  I could not help but notice an affiliate link.  Not that I am against those but can you give me an example of a product from that wholesale site that would show a profit on a current auction?  If you like you can PM me and when the time is right I will consider your referral.  I find your posts and info on SUN very insightful helpful.
    Thanks again.
    The problem with pointing out a product purchased from a wholesaler that was found through WorldWide Brands One Source is that what works for one seller will not work for another. Look at all the people trying to sell DVDs on eBay. Do you think they are all successful?
    The key (as we explain on our website Lizard Wisdom, in our free e-book and in an above post) is to find a unique niche. Sell products in that niche that work for you. This is where WorldWide Brands can help you out.
    Check out WorldWide Brands website. Call them up at their toll-free number if you have any doubts about their product. You will notice they have a money-back, satisfaction guarantee.
    Also, if you ever listen to [url=tp://www.wsradio.com/internet-talk-radio.cfm/shows/eBay-Radio.html]eBay Radio[/url], hang out in eBay forums, or otherwise have experience as an eBay seller, you will know that WorldWide Brands is the real deal.
    As a business person, it is up to you to perform your due diligence and see if a product is right for you. SUN can only give you advice on things that have worked for certain SUN members in the past. It is up to you to make the ultimate decision about if something is right for you and your business.LizardWisdom10/30/2007 6:11 PM
  • Jaun22Jaun22 subscriber Posts: 0
    ebay is a tricky way to make a living. I had a friend that tried to go down that road and he ended up bing stuck with a bunch of junk.