WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

adding new page to website

kevinbjkevinbj subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2009 in Website Critique
Hi i have a web site that was done by someone and i want to add a pages to the site but i don`t know where to start can anyone help

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Kevin,
    The first thing you need is to have access to your web server via FTP. the second thing you need to have is an HTML editor. Many people (the do it yourself) use coffecup. I specifically use note pad or Dreamweaver to create web sites....
    Kevin, have you ever considered a CMS [content management system] that lets you create additional pages for your web site through an interface? I think this would be your best solution if you`re going to continue to add content and pages to your site...
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Go, Notepad!  And if I`m in a wild mood, Notepad++!
    I`ve just never liked that newfangled stuff.
    Notepad?
    Weblines... I don`t think Kevin knows how to code in pure HTML.... if he did he wouldn`t be asking how to create a new page for his web site....
    NotePadd++ has bugs....Again... why would I want to code in something that is buggy? Unless I have an unlimited amount of time, then debugging a bugged software might be an awesome contribution to the team.... But with limited amount of time I`d prefer to stick to something that is bug free....
    Kevin, there are lots of tools out there that can help you create a new page... as a matter a fact all you would have to do is download 1 page, remove the content, and add your own content to the new page... Upload it back to your web server, and depending on where you want to add your link to... then download that particular page and link it to your newly created page...
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Edgar, I was just throwing some humor in there.
  • kevinbjkevinbj subscriber Posts: 1
    I have CS3 so can tell me the step i need to do this
    Kevin,
    If your Web Site is in Flash, then yes, none of the solutions above would work, unless you have the original FLA file and FlashCS3 or whatever you have available.
    Another thing is, you need to move away from Flash.... Flash is rapidly becoming extinct thus people continue to use it as their primary tool [web designers].
    I would start looking into a CMS system or something that you can modify on your own without the need of a web designer.
    Hi Art just want to ask do you know fireworks i have i file that i want to edit
    KevinBj,
    I am work strictly with fireworksCS4. I`ve been using Fireworks for almost 6 years. I won`t change it for Photoshop I can assure you that....
    If Art can`t help you send it over and tell me what the edits are, and make sure you send me a layered PNG
    just so you know the pages that i needed add has been done this about working with fireworks cs3
    Fireworks CS3 and CS4 are similar, just fireworks CS4 has more photoshop and Illustrator Plugins. Lots of great features were added (my favorite tool is the Measuring Tool Shift and Click to find the actual dimension of the image) the measuring tool is good when you`re slicing the layout to convert to HTML
    Kevin, I sent you my email via PMS