WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How much should you pay for SEO?

shaunlemagneshaunlemagne subscriber Posts: 2
I`m thinking of hiring this company to work SEO for my website.  They`re charging me $1500 only if they get me into the top 3 for the keyword I chose, otherwise I only pay them $500 for their services.  Is this a good deal? 

Comments

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    I`m thinking of hiring this company to work SEO for my website.  They`re charging me $1500 only if they get me into the top 3 for the keyword I chose, otherwise I only pay them $500 for their services.  Is this a good deal? 

No. See your original post  Pros and Cons of SEO? 

David Jackson
    DavidJackson2/10/2009 8:01 AM
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

So, you pay them $500 for no or less than desired results?  Doesn`t sound like such a good deal.

~Roland
    vwebworld2/10/2009 9:43 AM
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    In theory, they could spend a total of 10 minutes working on your site, wait a while, see what happens, then tell you that`s all they can do, and charge you $500.00.
    If it was me, I`d pass.
  • shaunlemagneshaunlemagne subscriber Posts: 2
    Ok, thanks a lot for the advice!
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    In theory, they could spend a total of 10 minutes working on your site, wait a while, see what happens, then tell you that`s all they can do, and charge you $500.00.

Wow, if I weren`t so honest, this would be such an easy scam to perpetrate - and impossible to prove.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

Wow, if I weren`t so honest, this would be such an easy scam to perpetrate - and impossible to prove.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of people/sites that perpetrate just such a scam.

~Roland
    vwebworld2/10/2009 11:57 PM
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Shaunlemagne,
    Honestly, it depends what the SEO company is going to do for you.
    Usually before I get my hands dirty there are 5 things that I look at:Is your web site`s code buggy? (does it need to be cleaned up) If so I clean up your codeWhat is your current position? if you`re already indexed, perhaps you just need a small lift.Reseach your business and see what others are doing in your industryModify your content in a way that your keywords are being rankedAt the end of the Month run a simple analysis, email you the results and then we take it from there....
    See every one is going to handle your project differently, while some might just want to dip into the keywords, and descriptions in hopes that you rank so they can take your money.... Others, are going to take a more professional approach and rather than just optimizing your site, they are going to fix the code for you. As you may know, web sites that are coded incorrectly or that don`t follow a standard are harder to rank in the search engines just because you are making the robots think harder (basically they can`t read your mark up) even if you have good content. Nuevolution2/12/2009 10:05 AM
  • DW12DW12 subscriber Posts: 0
    This is like asking 'How long is a piece of string' there are several factors to consider such as:

1) Competition.
    2) Hours they are going to spend.
    3) Their Metholodgies.
    4) How much more return is going to be generated from being in an improved position.
  • BJ_CBJ_C subscriber Posts: 2
    It looks it's a good deal to do SEO for you. I think I will pass as there are a lot of companies offer better service.
  • rbenzrbenz subscriber Posts: 0
    With all honesty you should ask for a portfolio in order to see the results given by the SEO company. Cheap is good but is it effective?
  • addyj672addyj672 subscriber Posts: 8
    I think that is good deal. SEO services depends upon keyword search volume and competition. If both are high then surly they will charge to more and if competition is less then they will charge you less.
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    For me it's good deal. For $1500 in top 3. Give him keyword which have low and medium search volume.