WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Dating Site ? Today ? Again ? Really ?

3ukman3ukman subscriber Posts: 7
edited February 2009 in Grab Bag
Hi ,
I am about to launch a dating / social networking site. Anyone want to share their DOs or DONTs ?
I know it is a very crowded place but these days launching a site is easier than taking a nap.

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Not necessarily, if launching a web site was that easy, then you wouldn`t have lots of people on this forum with crappy web sites... it is not as easy as taking a nap, don`t fall under the impression that creating a real web site is like copying someones pre-generated code and slapping it on the "About Me" box on your MYSPACE Profile.
    A well thought out web site, takes time, planning, and most of all A good Budget. If you`re looking into having your web site built, and you`re not willing to pay the big bucks... then most-likely you won`t get a web site that is up to the norms. So if you`re asking for DONTS, then here is the first one.. "Don`t assume that launching a web site is as easy as taking a nap"Nuevolution12/19/2008 4:05 AM
  • Options
    mmmmsubsmmmmsubs subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree. As an owner of a social networking site (that is about 2 years old) most sites fail quickly because they cannot stand out from the crowd they require lots of members to keep it alive. Even dating sites are having trouble outdoing each other because no one will use a dating site if there are not lots of potential matches available. No one wants to be there first person there, and that is the problem with getting a new site off the ground.
    That isn`t to say you cannot do it, but if you think it is going to be easy you should shut down the site now, because it is going to be tough and take all of your time.