WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Helpful tips for using photoshop in web design

jalanejalane subscriber Posts: 3
does anyone have any tips in creating a web header or website using photoshop?

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Jalane,
    There are various things you have to take into consideration before digging into photoshop as your main tool to design web sites, aside from setting the resolution to 72 dpi (which don`t matter anymore) most web browsers can handle higher resolutions...it all depends on what you`re trying to accomplish.. and that is only the beginning. Most web layouts are approximately around 850 pixels in width by 800 in height... Again it all depends how much content you have on your pages,
    Here are some tips that you may want to look into aside from creating the layout.How to use gradients (if you`re going to use any)Colors to be used on the layoutNavigation Bars and breadcrumbsImage positioningHow are you going to slice the layout? (what`s going to be exported and what`s going to be html ie text, headersThe hard part is not designing it, it`s making sure you`re design carries over from concept to a real web site.I`ve always been anti-Photoshop for designing web sites. Although, you have filters, textures, and thousands of attributes(features)... I think ADOBE Fireworks is the tool to use. Especially now with ADOBE BRIDGE and  Fireworks  you can use just about any Photoshop filter and extensions. 
  • SparkleGirlSparkleGirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Jalane,
    I own Photoshop for Dummies (by Barbara Obermeier) and it`s a great resource for me. 
  • 79level79level subscriber Posts: 0
    the best... tip that I can give dont over use prebuilt effects