WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

? about the DUNNS #

phil07phil07 subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2007 in Startup Funding
When you apply for a business credit card, where it ask for your SS# is this where you put the companies DUNN`S#? IF not, what is the use in having it. I know its a credit profile with D&B but the number is my concern. Thanks! 

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Phil07,Do not confuse your Dunn`s number with your company`s EIN or your Social Security. All three of them are separate. First of all, a dunn`s number is just a number that can be used for marketing purposes or to establish a business credit profile... It is not intended to be used as an EIN, a(EIN) is an Employer Identification number (that you attain through the IRS). My question to you is, are you a sole proprietor or an LLC?
  • phil07phil07 subscriber Posts: 2
    An LLC, we have our EIN as well as the Dunn`s number. I just wasn`t sure how it was possible to get credit on the business unless you either a.) used the EIN number for the company as well for your personal b.)if you used the Dunn`s number for your personal. You always hear of people saying that you can get business credit with-out personal guarantee, when on every credit app. it will ask for your SS#. The only way i can see it possible would be to use the company EIN in both places, where the Tax ID is and where you put your SS#. Is this right or is there another trick to this GAME of credit?