WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello from San Diego

RJSampsonRJSampson subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in New Member Welcome
   My wife and I are turning our rental property into a Maternity Home for adult women who are homeless.  Can someone give us some ideas about finding an intern to help with grant writing? Do you think it is even possible?

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    WOW, RJ.... you and your wife are so kind hearted, I wish you guys the best of luck and may god bless you every step of the way. Have you ever thought about forming a non-profit? I actually have a friend in San Diego that may be able to guide you in writing grants... He works for the county and that`s his area of expertise...I will contact him and see if he has time...and I will get back to you...
  • RJSampsonRJSampson subscriber Posts: 1
    That`s amazing.  Thank you for your well wishes.
    We are a non-profit CA corporation but have not gotten the funds together to
    establish our 501(c)(3). So ar it has all been bootstrapped. 
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Well, your best solution is to start talking to people, Women Homes, YMCA, and so forth. There`s this resource guide out on the net. I will look for it and send you the link. It deals with home-less women, battered women and everything of that nature... 
  • LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    RJSampson,I suggest that you check out HUD and see if they have a program that can help you fund it.  If there`s any agency willing to help your cause it will be them.LT