WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Email Marketing idea?

localeofferslocaleoffers subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in New Member Welcome
My name is Tom.  15 years ago I set up a service that faxed discount offers to local businesses that signed up as a subscription basis to receive these faxes so they would not be considered junk fax. Each fax had 16 different businesses on it offering various offers or discounts. We sent this out on Mon. Tues. and Friday. I also sent out an extra sheet on Friday that had alternative advertisers like bars bowling alleys and theaters on it. One of the many problems I ran into was even though every business in town gladly signed up to receive the fax. The fax never seemed to make it past the front desk of the secretary and she did not even utilize it. And we were sending it out way to often not to mention there were not enough fax machines out there to spread it or to share it so there was no way for it to grow.

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Well, there are lots of things you can do to make your email marketing campaigns come alive and make it past the receptionist "front desk" in this case the spam filters. I think if you`re going to use email marketing as your primary tool to advertise to businesses, first you need to educate yourself on how to use email marketing efficiently and spamming. Somethings you can do are:1. generate a list of people (businesses) that are interested on your email and local advertising on your web site (perhaps) let them upload banners by themselves or charge them to create banners and post them on your site. 2. Make your packages attractive to the businesses.3. Send out Email Marketing Campaings on Wednesdays.4. Introduce new businesses in your email campaigns (i.e. create a business spotlight section) where every week you choose a business and you put them on the front page.There are more things you can do... I`ll tell you some more later..
  • localeofferslocaleoffers subscriber Posts: 1
    I would go out and sign up subscribers with permission, No spam here. I will look for that issue. Thanks! localeoffers2007-10-10 21:2:37
  • localeofferslocaleoffers subscriber Posts: 1
    Why is it best to Send out Email Marketing Campaings on Wednesdays? Have you ever heard of someone offering the same sort of service for multiple businesses in local areas? I know they do it individualy but not as a city or town with multiple offers.
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Why is it best to Send out Email Marketing Campaings on Wednesdays? Have you ever heard of someone offering the same sort of service for multiple businesses in local areas? I know they do it individualy but not as a city or town with multiple offers.Well, according to the email marketing statistics and metrics, it`s been proven that wednesday morning is the best time to send out your email marketing material. Here is something to read on :