WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Web Designer that can work with large databases

AustinAustin subscriber Posts: 4
Hey SuN!!!
Having a bit of a predicament here. My startup deals with football film that needs to be put in a very large database online. I`m definitely not web design/database savvy and I`m wondering where I can find a web designer with database experience that actually knows something about the game of football. Because, let`s face it... not many web designers are the "football type." And that`s not meant to be derogatory to web designers or football players at all... I`m just searching for someone who has web design knowledge with large databases and at least some interest in the game of football. Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Options
    olegoleg subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Just out of curiousity - why do you care whether your web designer has interest in football, or knowledge about football?  You should look for someone who is knowledgeable about technology, web design, search engine optimization, web marketing, etc. - not football, unless you also expect them to create the content for your site.oleg2007-6-8 16:2:4
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Austin,
    Oleg is right, What difference does it make if the designer is in to
    footaball or not? May I say Im a web designer, I hate football! But
    love Boxing and snowboarding. What difference does it make? I can
    design anytime of web site whether it needs a database or not?
    I think your objective is? to find someone that knows about large scale
    database, architecture and design. NOT IF HE KNOWS WHO WON THE
    SUPERBOWL in 1983.