WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Plesk 7.5 Vs. C-panel

NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
Hello SUNNies,And... everyone that owns a web site, I have a question for you? As I plan to expand the web hosting end of the business, I would like some input from you guys regarding which web hosting control panel are you currently using? Plesk or C-panel? |For those of you using C-panel, are you comfortable with it`s "functionality"? For those of you using Plesk, tell me what you think of Plesk 8.0For those of you using something else? Share your experience with me... I`ve been a Plesk Fanatic for years, but it seems like every hosting company out there offers C-panel... Is it because it`s cheaper? Tell me your story.. 

Comments

• Options
    ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    I haven`t ever used Plesk, so I can`t comment on it, but I have used
    C-Panel and I do agree that it is probably offered more often than
    Plesk, because I have a few frieneds who are hosted at different
    companies and they are all using C-Panel. I don`t mind C-Panel at all,
    and in fact, since I`ve used it several times now, I`d say it`s what
    I`m most familiar with, so yes, I`m more comfortable with it currently.
  • Options
    Zip Line,thank you, I been in the web hosting business for almost 5 years and to be honest, I never cared for C-panel it looks to simple and like you said "setting up a database takes effort and tech support has to get involved" The reason why I was asking is because I was thinking about launching a web server with C-panel, But I don`t want any headaches down the road. Yes the price per license on plesk is more pricier, but if there is less Tech support and more productivity, in the end it pays for itself..
  • Options
    So you honestly think that Plesk can be overwhelming? What features? when its all GUI.. As far as C-panel I found it to be to amature-ish. It reminds me of  "My first Sony"Helm I never dealt with and Any one ever used H-sphere?