WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN

NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
Hello my fellow SUNies,Just letting you all know that I was involved in a multiple car accident this weekend. the bad part about it was, the person that hit me was an un-insured motorist..All this time I used to hate adding un-insured motorist to my insurance but.. now I don`t regret having it... Can you imagine... not being able to afford liability.. for 29.00 a month?? What is this world coming to? has anyone been in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist? If so... tell me what you did to not have your insurance go up...

Comments

• stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
  • watergalwatergal subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Sorry to  hear about your accident!   I too felt like I was paying for my own
    car insurance and then on top of that I had to pay for the other person
    who might hit me...but you are glad to be covered if something happens!

Hope you are recovering!! - Relax and take it easy ....
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    wow..that is a crazy story... See here is where I went wrong. I did not call the police to come out and file a report. In the state of California, do you know if: you are at fault if a car hits you from behind and pluges you to the car in front of you? See this is what happened to us. I regret not calling the police because I ran my own investigation through zabasearch.com, and after doing extensive search "paid for the service" She had a fake license.... I guess the only thing I have to track her down is the license plate number. Can you imagine that? As far as injuries... is back pains considered injuries? I know in some states they don`t cover soft tissue injuries... is this correct? Thats what they call it..
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    See your case was similar to mine. I stopped about 12 inches from the car in front of me, but since the car that slammed into me didn`t have time to stop or put her breaks on, she slammed into us at about 40 mph. Dead on... She didn`t even intend to put her breaks on. So after collecting everyone`s information I felt a sharp pain on my back. But everyone else said they where fine and that nothing hurted. This morning, we recieved a call from the person driving the car in front of us. She now told us, she had severe pain on her back. (scam artist) So, later on today I recieved a call from her attorney, lucky I had my attorney on stand by. According to our attorney, we are not at fault. we did not cause the accident. Hopefully the lady that struck me can be found. If not, then UNM covers all the damages... Any one has a similar experience?
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Nuevolution.I know you are having some pain, but I am happy the accident was not worse. Thankfully you have not lost limbs, or life. The members of SUN would surely be loosing a great resource. Nuevolution! Stay strong. If you are injured, as it sounds like you are, get into the doctor. My step-father was struck from behind several years ago. Bad 5 car pile up. My father was car 4, hit by car 5. Although his vehicle was not pushed into the vehicle in front, he had a difficult time getting the insurance companies to pay the doctors. I say this... Stay on top of it and be aggressive. You are injured and you should be represented by a doctor and given the tools needed for proper healing. Again, I am happy your are still, mostly, yourself.