WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How do I get people to go to my new website ?

RayFinkleRayFinkle subscriber Posts: 2
I will have a website soon and i want tons of people to go to it. How do I get people to go to it? What is the best was to advertise it?

Comments

• Options
    wifistudioswifistudios subscriber Posts: 1
    Ray, getting traffic to your site all depends on the budget you have to work with. If you are working with a small budget, I suggest you buy into a service that drives people to your site such as expired domain names or another traffic redirecting campaign. I know of a company that delivers a 1,000 unique visitors for $1.99. They are not targeted visitors, but they are real visitors from all of the world. The more visitors that you can get to your site, the more recognition you get with search engines due to the amount of traffic going through name servers. Will these visitors get you sales? Probably Not, but this path is an investment for the future. See, the more traffic you get, the more favorable your site list on search engines bringing customers to your site. This process can take up to two years, but for a $50 investment it could pay off in the long end.The issue with this kind of traffic is that you may not get the sales that you were expecting. Therefore you need to target your audience to the people that will buy your product or services. This method, more effective, requires more research and financing. My suggestion: Go for both targeted and untargeted visitors. Build up your listing on the search engines, but also focus on making sales as soon as profitable!I use these people to bring me general traffic: http://www.targetedvisitors.infoI would like to hear your feedback.Thank you and God bless.
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    study the various avenues of internet marketing, stick to white hat (legitimate non trickery) methods and apply them consistently over a period of time. then focus on creating and delivering solid content
  • Options
    coloradorealcoloradoreal subscriber Posts: 0
    I would recommend advertising your website on Local Business Center
  • Options
    RONPRONP subscriber Posts: 0
    It really depends on what kind of business you have and what kind of web site. Traffic won't do you any good unless they are there to buy what you have to sell.
  • Options
    tyangtyang subscriber Posts: 0
    The fastest way to get visitor is to advertise using google adwords, it can get quite costly but it works if done right!
  • Options
    TokyobusinessTokyobusiness subscriber Posts: 2
    There are so many good ways ! one cheap and easy way is to get a twitter and tweet a lot about your site. This will bring it to the top in Google. Also look into making a youtube video about your site so that when people serch for that item it may come up on google home page through youtube! Good luck
  • Options
    CIBRCIBR subscriber Posts: 0
    Good content is king. People like good content and they will spread the word and come back for more.
  • Options
    mikulas19871mikulas19871 subscriber Posts: 0
    I would say you have 2 options. Either paid advertising or SEO. Paid is instant, SEO takes time.
  • Options
    BJ_CBJ_C subscriber Posts: 2
    I think there are 2 ways. first, SEO/SMO, second, advertising.
  • Options
    emma123emma123 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Ray!!! I found a very informative blog on how to increase your website traffic. You might also find it useful.
  • Options
    KagimisKagimis subscriber Posts: 0
    I automate my traffic through blog, forum, etc. posts through Twitter using 3rd party tools such as tweetlater. This works well if you have a large number of followers. Other ideas include creating a FB fanpage for your site. Forum networking and social networking through sites such as ning.
  • Options
    rhadenrhaden subscriber Posts: 0
    Provide useful content that people will want to read and to link to. Use social media to help people become aware of your existence. Give it time.
  • Options
    MSeatonMSeaton subscriber Posts: 1
    There so many ways to tell people about your new page. You can always post your link on your profile, tell your friends and family, on facebook (you can always create a page about your new site), et cetera.
  • Options
    MavofutMavofut subscriber Posts: 0
    There is a variety of SEO companies and how they deal with payment. Some do monthly contracts or quarterly, it just depends on how they handle their clients. I would strongly suggest doing some research on the companies though so you don't get burned. They should also provide you with a set of deliverables that show you want they did and when.
  • Options
    BrianJames01BrianJames01 subscriber Posts: 1
    Social media and social networking are free things that you can do. Increase followers and friends and promote your business there.