WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Has anyone used EMerchant Group (EMG) before

MahoganyBooksMahoganyBooks subscriber Posts: 3
Hey all,
I am putting together a forecast for my first 3 years of business and was looking into processing fees for all of the major credit cards (i.e. Visa, MC).  During my research I found this company called EMerchant Group that supposedly pools the collective purchasing power of numerous retailers to negotiate lower fees with VISA, MC, and the like.
If any one works with them or have any information to share I would definitely appreciate it.
Thanks,

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Hello Mahogany:
    I`ve never heard of them. However, I did check out their website and quite frankly, it looks very suspicious to me. http://www.emerchantsgroup.com/index.html

No phone number, no street address. Those are huge red flags. I did  a little digging around and discovered they`re located in Chattanooga, TN. If I were you, I`d check them out with the state attorney general`s office in Tenneseee.

Dale King
    DKing2/18/2008 5:27 PM
  • StevenAllenStevenAllen subscriber Posts: 1
    I am the founder of Emerchantsgroup. We are located in Pebble Beach CA
    and have been assisting merchants with merchant processing and other programs since 2002. We have a testimonial section and have over 500 merchants who are using our programs.