WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Facebook + Amazon: Will it Work?

AlexCTUSAlexCTUS subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Website Critique
I plan to launch a site: http://www.goosca.com and am soliciting your thoughts and comments.
It is a social networking platform where members can conduct eCommerce activities and buy from Goosca Shop for themselves or any other Goosca member, without knowing addresses in the latter case.
Thank you very much.

Comments

• devxdevx subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Alex,
    I think you need to explain your idea more clearly on the frontpage itself. Honestly I am having difficulty understanding whats it about.
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Can you explain a bit better?
  • AlexCTUSAlexCTUS subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi devx and stonesledge,
    Thanks for the message.  Seems like I need to explain more about the site on the main page, maybe moving the content in the About Us section to the front page.
    stongsledge, basically, the site is a social networking platform where registered users can join groups, post blogs, invite friends, sending and receiving internal emails, upload photos, videos, audios, post news, events, participate in forums, etc. Plus there is a shopping area termed Goosca Shop where users can purchase products the site offers, for themselves or for their friends on the site.  If a user (user A) decides to buy gifts from the site for another user (user B), user A will select the gift(s), pay for it, and we will do the delivery.  That is, user A will be able to buy gifts for any other user without knowing the actual addresses of the gifts recipients.  The transaction will only occur when the gift recipient indicates he/she accepts gifts and provides address during account registration.
    Hope the explanation helps.  Thanks again for the message.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    "
    Hope the explanation helps.  Thanks again for the message."
    Don`t explain it to us - fix your website and ask for another review.
  • cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11
    I`m not sure how many people would be buying gifts for someone they`ve never met. I mean on any other social network I`m on I actually know the people I`m friends with. Have you done some sort of research on random gift giving?
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I`m not sure how many people would be buying gifts for someone they`ve never met. I mean on any other social network I`m on I actually know the people I`m friends with. Have you done some sort of research on random gift giving?

Second that.  The only way I can see this working is for corporate businesses.