WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Website Feedback

ShirtsofHopeShirtsofHope subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Website Critique
http://shirtsofhope.com</A>
Please visit our site and let us know what you think

Comments

• CarbonInterfaceCarbonInterface subscriber Posts: 0
    The shirts are not something that I know anyone would spend over 20 dollars on.  I had the same problem pricing my own shirts.  I just recently bought 2 ecko shirts at the mall for 30 bucks.  You cant compete with that quality and price.  You need to find a real attractive product.  Perhaps smiley shirts are not the best to make a profit.Just my ideas.
  • ShirtsofHopeShirtsofHope subscriber Posts: 1
    There is a market for everything and everyone.  Now the skill of the game is finding the market and targeting it.  My shirts are not for everyone and probably people who buy my shirts and visit my site will not be purchasing ecko so they are not my competition.  Thanks for your suggestion
  • CarbonInterfaceCarbonInterface subscriber Posts: 0
    I am just providing input.  I have run a tshirt site for almost 2 years now.  I have had to slack off on it due to more pressing matters such as client projects, but I am just trying to help you out.Tshirts sites are probably the most common type of online store people open.  With the likes of cafepress and printfection, the competition is pretty stiff.I just wonder if there would be a more targeted market you could go after besides people who like to smile.Have you done any research to support the idea of smiley tshirts?Perhaps target is more your competition, or walmart, or kmart?  I mentioned ecko because they are very high quality shirts, a huge brand, and yet they can offer their shirts for half of what I can.Don`t get me wrong, I wish you success.  You asked for feedback and I gave it.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Neat product. Nice message. But I wouldn`t buy it.1) I can`t see paying that price for a basic t-shirt with a smile on it. Also, what about shipping charges, returns, etc?2) There is no information about who you are, your company, or why I should trust you in getting the quality product you offer. You have to sell me on you before selling your product to me.3) What brand of shirt is it? Something well known? I have no idea.4) The line with "Better yet, help us smile, by purchasing a shirt today" sounds flat out greedy.Not trying to sound mean-natured, just showing you how it may come across to some people.
  • cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11
    I agree with everyone elses points especially the price. Honestly you can do a search and find cheaper smile shirts.
    Also, I think if you`re going to have a comment section for the praise you`ve received, it should all be listed out on a single page. The book is cute/cool but I didn`t want to sit there clicking 10 pages through it.
    Keep up the good work! I like the colors and simple layout.
  • ShirtsofHopeShirtsofHope subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you all for the comments.  It was appreciated and helpful may the real work begin.  Trust me I have a long road ahead of me and this is just the beginning.  I found my market and will be revamping the site next week to target that market more.  Thanks again and wishing you all the very best.
    Peace, Love and Blessings
    Ruby
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Shirtof Hope,

I like the idea and website! Cartess, has made a great point. The "Life is Good" brand is huge and has brick and mortar stores as well as an online presence. they started small...got their products into boutiques and were selling out and taking more and more orders. Now they have mugs, bags, pens and more. Ask yourself...who can you get these in front of who would help build your brand. Can you start getting your shirts into local boutiques? I would even consider card shops, novelty shops, like a spencers etc...to get them into the hands of teens. What would a wholesale price be on these shirts? You are buying large quantities right? You can try and bring the pp down a bit to get the brand out there, maybe 15-18 a T. I like the book page where folks write a note about the smile and happiness..maybe you can add a blackboard sign wall on your home page and dynamicly add signatures from pleased patrons to the wall. I like it...and you know ...who doesn`t like to be smiled at? So many folks walk around with there head down avoiding others...it certainly feels good to be looked in the eye and smiled at...it says "you are not invisible, and I noticed you". This could break the ice and make others smile. Great concept! Sometimes simple concepts are the best...keep at it, work hard and you will be on your way to success!
    Erin